Sasha Baron Cohen no longer laughing. Roy Moore's case against him proceeds

Gotten to
Yeah, I mean, whats the big deal? Implying to the whole nation that you're a pedophile. Whats next, Sherdog banning people for calling people pedos?
Its practically a badge of honor and anyone upset by this is likely a Trump voter.

<JackieThumbsUp>

A comedian made a joke about a guy accused of having sex with underage girls. Your posts in this thread indicate you support the government punishing that person for expressing their free speech in a comedic fashion.

Even cancel culture doesn't go that far.

Black face, dressing like Hitler, Obama as a monkey in cartoons, the n word, etc are all laugh riots to conservatives.

A bit about roy moore diddling girls hurts their feels.

<36>

A comedian made a joke about a guy accused of having sex with underage girls. Your posts in this thread indicate you support the government punishing that person for expressing their free speech in a comedic fashion.

Wait what???? He made a joke? It looks to me like he set up Roy Moore with the sole intent to slander him and paint him as a pedo. Do you not see the difference vs. traditional stand up???

Much of the right in this country doesn't actually believe in free speech.

They've made that abundantly clear.

LOL!! What the fuck? Cohen's little act was purely slander. It's not protected by the first amendment and it is grounds for legally suing someone, hence the reason why the case has been allowed to proceed. This also has nothing to do with your stupid "government punishing that person for expressing their free speech in a comedic fashion" take. That's not how it works.

Much of the right in this country doesn't actually believe in free speech.

They've made that abundantly clear.

Nice double yellows you got there.

This has nothing to do with free speech. Free speech just mean the government doesn't control what you say or punish you. This is a case where a guy slandered another. Cohen used his free speech to be a jackass and Moore is using his to sue. Not sure what the issue is but I'm not shocked to see a bunch of leftist morons not understand "free speech".

Black face, dressing like Hitler, Obama as a monkey in cartoons, the n word, etc are all laugh riots to conservatives.
I know when I get together with my white friends, this is all we talk about. We say the N word over and over and pass around cartoon pics of Obama. Its all we do. Well, when we're not shooting off guns and giving each other mullet haircuts, of course.

LOL!! What the fuck? Cohen's little act was purely slander. It's not protected by the first amendment and it is grounds for legally suing someone, hence the reason why the case has been allowed to proceed. This also has nothing to do with your stupid "government punishing that person for expressing their free speech in a comedic fashion" take. That's not how it works.

Since when can comedians not make jokes about current events? What, is it illegal to make Michael Jackson jokes now? You're showing your true colors.

Nice double yellows you got there.

This has nothing to do with free speech. Free speech just mean the government doesn't control what you say or punish you. This is a case where a guy slandered another. Cohen used his free speech to be a jackass and Moore is using his to sue. Not sure what the issue is but I'm not shocked to see a bunch of leftist morons not understand "free speech".
Moore is literally asking the government to hold SBC liable for his speech.

Literally.

A bit about roy moore diddling girls hurts their feels.

<36>
Uh...it’s ya boy Ralph Northam still proudly serving as governor. Dems are okay with blackface now.

It's worrying to see the right getting sucked into cancel culture now. It was a joke. He waved a fake wand at Roy Moore. Who gives a shit? Do you think any person in the world was convinced to not vote for Roy Moore because saw Sacha Baron Cohen wave a fake pedo wand at him?

Looking in from the outside, I couldn't care less. If you're the target though, you might also pursue legal damages.

I doubt this really goes anywhere though. He's just making Cohen waste money on legal fees.

Although, I do look forward to the day when Cohen gets devoured by the left. You know he's on their list somewhere. It'll just take one offended gay twitter user to get the ball rolling on how "Bruno" is a hateful stereotype. And that's not even the most obvious character that's "problematic".

Back