Economy Samsung to stop production at its last computer factory in China

Ahh, the classical Chinese “accuse you of what you’re accusing me” Do you happen to be the most recent Chinese foreign minister? I love you guys work

I can’t ask Chinese people how they really feel, because they can potentially go to prison if their opinion is not correct. What I can say for certain, is that the CCP doesn’t trust their citizens they way their citizens allegedly trust them, hence massive social control.

What does America doing bad things have to do with being unbiased?

When speaking of China, I am speaking of China. Bringing up someone else’s fuck ups doesn’t make you unbiased, it’s just deflection.

Because we have to lead by example if we are going to be the moral authority of the planet. Do you realize most American politicians call the Iraq War a "mistake"? A war that killed hundreds of thousands of civilians. Come on man, this is the kind of dishonesty that has become common in today's political landscape. Could you just imagine if China did something similar to that? There would be non-stop 24 hour media going nuts and getting hard on for a war.

Anyway just take a trip to China for yourself someday and talk to regular people. They're aren't in fear, they are doing their own thing and enjoying life just like most of American people are. Both of our governments have done some really awful things but you're damn right I'm going to point out our flaws before I condemn anyone else.

Calling someone a Chinese shill is not an argument. It's called shutting down the argument.
And I already addressed the argument

Re-read the post. I just called him out for using LITERAL Chinese propaganda and then gave my opinion why the Chinese will not rise up.

Because we have to lead by example if we are going to be the moral authority of the planet. Do you realize most American politicians call the Iraq War a "mistake"? A war that killed hundreds of thousands of civilians. Come on man, this is the kind of dishonesty that has become common in today's political landscape. Could you just imagine if China did something similar to that? There would be non-stop 24 hour media going nuts and getting hard on for a war.

Anyway just take a trip to China for yourself someday and talk to regular people. They're aren't in fear, they are doing their own thing and enjoying life just like most of American people are. Both of our governments have done some really awful things but you're damn right I'm going to point out our flaws before I condemn anyone else.
Hey in case you haven’t noticed, the CCP never stopped committing atrocities.

Unfortunately we will not know the numbers until they collapse and we get archives.

It could be millions and I’m talking about post-Tiananmen massacre, not some famine in the 60s

There's nothing to dodge. You're not a serious person. I could argue with my dog if I wanted your level of debate.
Calling someone an idiot is not argument. It’s called shutting down an argument.

No they're not lol. Unless there is a massive economic meltdown and the country is sleeping on the streets we aren't going to see that.

What most Americans don't understand is that the majority of Chinese people like their government, they've seen their parents and their own lives improve dramatically within the past few decades and so they are optimistic. Could that change in the future? Of course it could but there is no data that supports your claim. It is simply wishful thinking on your part and nothing more.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/opinion/2017-10/27/content_33762163.htm

This article is a few years old but it shows the amount of support the government gets, if anything I'd bet it is higher now.

Yeah I think Americans have this idea that people elsewhere naturally oppose a dictatorship. This is not necessarily true. Lots of people like fascism, even some here in the US, as long as their group is running the show. The locals in the UAE are happy with their government despite it being an autocracy with no freedom of expression and any criticism or opposition to the rulers being squashed . China has a very strong ethnoNationalist sentiment amongst its populace. Since China's rise, the Han see this as their opportunity to rule.

'China is powerful now': Beijing's aggressive global stance sparks wave of nationalism

Residents noted how different the scene was to one in 1999, when thousands of Chinese protesters descended on the US embassy in Beijing, after the US bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade. Crying and pelting the building with eggs,stones and any other objects they could find, demonstrators were angry at the US but also frustrated at how little their government could do to retaliate.

“Our country is not like before. We can do more than just make statements, we can actually take action,” says Wu, 25, who lives in Chengdu and visited the consulate on its last day on Monday, snapping a few photos to keep. “Back then China couldn’t afford to offend the US, but China is powerful now and not afraid of American imperialism.”

As China finds itself under attack abroad as a result of its increasingly aggressive global stance, nationalist sentiment at home appears to be growing stronger. Officials have honed support with the usual tools of propaganda and patriotic education, as well as new tactics, such as “wolf warrior” diplomacy, characterised by aggressive attacks on the country’s foreign critics.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...sive-global-stance-sparks-wave-of-nationalism

Last edited:
Exactly. This idea that China is just another dictatorship can't comprehend that the Chinese want their country to be powerful.

The failure to understand the other side will lead to big problems. "Standing with the Chinese people" won't cut it as far as meaningless platitudes.

Exactly. This idea that China is just another dictatorship can't comprehend that the Chinese want their country to be powerful.

The failure to understand the other side will lead to big problems. "Standing with the Chinese people" won't cut it as far as meaningless platitudes.
The mainland Han want China to rule the world.
First of all, we have over a million more people in our prison system than China. So which country is the prison state?

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...arcerates-more-people-china-or-russia-state-/

Secondly, perhaps you didn't like the article but you could at least provide a counter-argument. If you don't believe that Chinese trust their government then at least show me some articles showing otherwise. Although if you've spent anytime around Chinese people I think you'd agree with me quite quickly.

Also why ignore USA spying on citizens? That's been exposed already by people like Edward Snowden.

I think we should try to view things objectively and not just from a bias perspective. Both countries are deeply flawed in many ways but if Chinese are happy overall why are we so judgemental?

We don't really know how many people China has in prison, just as we don't know how many died from Wuhan virus. The figure for number of Chinese incarcerated almos surely does not unclude the 1 million plus Uighurs and other minorities thrown into concentration camps.

We do business with them because our politicians are bribed by them to sell out the US.
It's become abundantly clear that this is the case. Anything and everything dealing with China has been met with shrieking and gnashing of teeth. Often times for no reason. As if even a fraction of those jobs came back, it'd benefit the US greatly

Good. I don't know why S Korea would do any business with china at all. Without commie China there is no north korea.

PS I don't know why we do any business with them either or anyone else does. There is to be some things that you say, You know what? I would rather pay more for X than give china one fucking cent.
We do business because to paraphrase Lenin : Capitalists will sell the rope used to hang them with. The CCP has a long term civilization agenda, to dominate the region and the world. Our corporate and political elite are thinking of quarterly reports, elections every 4 years and becoming rich. It's a bit of trajedy of the commons phenomena, where on the corporate level Americans benefit by dealing with China but as a society we will lose in the long term.

The mainland Han want China to rule the world.

We don't really know how many people China has in prison, just as we don't know how many died from Wuhan virus. The figure for number of Chinese incarcerated almos surely does not unclude the 1 million plus Uighurs and other minorities thrown into concentration camps.
Yeah, it's not even close. China isn't misunderstood. It's a bad actor and is only getting more bold. Imprisoned people's are probably way higher than their stats will show. Crack downs and lack of freedoms is real. Not too mention their erasing of minority group identities.
China wants to be strong, but the path there is awful

There's too much wishful thinking and confirmation bias for China's collapse which is clouding everyone's ability to think clearly.

China's economy is self-sustaining at this point. They've reached takeoff point and their internal market is like a fusion engine.

China's GDP per capital has grown something crazy like 24x since 1980. They have a 400 million member middle class and are now buying things that not only they make, but things the rest of the world makes as well. There are a lot of easy gains to be made in productivity and standard of living so there is much more consumer growth to come.

I think the world can change their behavior a bit with actions like Samsung is taking... But China WILL be the most reliable and important driver of the global economy going forward. Period.

Back