Economy Samsung to stop production at its last computer factory in China

This tariff war is hurting both sides. I've seen some posters acting like it's no big deal to China but they are wrong it's hurting their economy.

I would say that tariff wars hurt the one with a smaller economy. Tariffs are a protection. That is why Trump offered no tariffs to out "friends" and also why they didn't take it. With no tariffs would would dominate everyone even moreso.
US is still the economic powerhouse although China could become that. But if china does become that, then the world will be just a little more fucked.

Now with this covid anger is the perfect time to fuck China over. Japan is rewarding business for divesting from China, India is about to bareknuckle fight them, and s. Korea and australia seemed to be kind of pissed at china too.

Hey in case you haven’t noticed, the CCP never stopped committing atrocities.

Unfortunately we will not know the numbers until they collapse and we get archives.

It could be millions and I’m talking about post-Tiananmen massacre, not some famine in the 60s

Of course the US engagement has had beneficial effects on CCP behaviour.
Just a decade before 1980, China had millions killed in the Cultural Revolution.
Just a decade before that, in the Great Leap Forward, millions starved to death.
Again in the 40s.....ditto in the 30s.

Since then ? What major sustained casualties by official policy have taken place ? The number has dropped to double digits with Tiananmen Square being the most egregious.

So it’s had some major effect. Just not to the degree everybody had hoped.

Just saying.

I hate to state the obvious here but it's more likely they're just not doing great in China.

There's too much wishful thinking and confirmation bias for China's collapse which is clouding everyone's ability to think clearly.

China's economy is self-sustaining at this point. They've reached takeoff point and their internal market is like a fusion engine.

How would they self sustain a competetive economy if Britain, the US, Western Europe and Japan refuse to sell them high technology ? China has yet to make microprocessors to compete with ARM, Intel and AMD. Cutting edge capital equipment necessary for Semiconductaor fabrication and metal processing comes from Japan, the US and Western Europe. High quality avionics is dominated by the West ; China's homegrown regional commuter plane the C919 uses Honeywell avionics with engines supplied by G.E. / Safran . The best jet engines are Western .

Being good at consumer manufacturing does not mean a country is high tech. You are really only independent and high tech if you can indegenously make the machines and come up with the processes that make the stuff we rely on for day to day life. Cut off China from Western and Japanese high technology and they are going to have serious problems.

China already owns American education. Communists teach young Americans to hate their own country and love communism, Marx and Lenin.
Trump can ban TikTok all he wants but the US already lost.

While I disagree with him, your post is laughable since you’re using literal Chinese propaganda.

If you're going to go by the good ole' capitalist USA litmus of "Are you better off (economically) today than you were four years ago?" it's beyond dispute that a vast majority of Chinese would have repeatedly answered "yes" to that question over the last several decades.

Lol the same exact idiots spewing CCP propaganda in EVERY China thread lmfao. Get the fuck out of here.

Of course the US engagement has had beneficial effects on CCP behaviour.
Just a decade before 1980, China had millions killed in the Cultural Revolution.
Just a decade before that, in the Great Leap Forward, millions starved to death.
Again in the 40s.....ditto in the 30s.

Since then ? What major sustained casualties by official policy have taken place ? The number has dropped to double digits with Tiananmen Square being the most egregious.

So it’s had some major effect. Just not to the degree everybody had hoped.

Just saying.
Incorrect

That’s like saying we improved the USSR by dealing with them in WWII because they improved during the 50s - no that was because of the death of Stalin and everyone realizing they don’t want that.

Same with China. We dealt with China in the early 70s while Mao was alive and causing havoc. China did not become a lighter version of authoritarianism until Mao and his clique were purged by Deng Xiaoping.

And note how I worded my post: I’m talking about AFTER Tiananmen.

We obviously don’t know the numbers for certain but it’s estimated that well over a million prisoners have been killed for their organs, especially political prisoners.

They’re currently pulling off a cultural genocide, utilize slave labor, do live organ harvesting, on top of the regular repression which has gotten worse in recent years.

When you look at the low estimates for organ harvesting combined with the regular executions that are accounted for since 1990, were talking about maybe an excess of one million people killed

They’re doing tens of thousands of organ transplants every year and the majority are from prisoners

China has improved since Mao but it’s not for the reasons you state and it hasn’t improved as much as you think

How would they self sustain a competetive economy if Britain, the US, Western Europe and Japan refuse to sell them high technology ? China has yet to make microprocessors to compete with ARM, Intel and AMD. Cutting edge capital equipment necessary for Semiconductaor fabrication and metal processing comes from Japan, the US and Western Europe. High quality avionics is dominated by the West ; China's homegrown regional commuter plane the C919 uses Honeywell avionics with engines supplied by G.E. / Safran . The best jet engines are Western .

Being good at consumer manufacturing does not mean a country is high tech. You are really only independent and high tech if you can indegenously make the machines and come up with the processes that make the stuff we rely on for day to day life. Cut off China from Western and Japanese high technology and they are going to have serious problems.

China is literally investing tens of billions in all aspects of the semi conductor supply chain. Google information and Chinese semi conductor efforts. The have hired like 10 % of Taiwan electrical engineers. Scientists and software engineers get paid more than finance. They will breach that gap.

I don't think you realise just how advanced China is. They are not doing consumer manufacturing anymore. They lead the US is many of the cutting edge technologies.

The technologies that are important they are either leading in or devoting incredible amounts of resource to catch up. Jet engines while strategically important aren't going to make or break the economy.

And don't bank on a uniform boycott of China. That's an American pipedream that's being enforced under current US pressure. Those kind of walls tend to breakdown.

Remember that it's China driving global growth right now. Their economy is projected to double the size of the US economy in the not too distant future. That's the Conservative estimate.

Last edited:
I think we should try to view things objectively and not just from a bias perspective. Both countries are deeply flawed in many ways but if Chinese are happy overall why are we so judgemental?

Geez I wonder why.

Maybe the uyghur concentration camps?

Maybe the Uyghur forced labor camps?

Maybe the Uyghur forced organ harvesting.

The brutal crack down on political dissidents? Arresting foreigners from countries they're fighting with on trumped up charges? Threats, tantrums and sanctions to anything that even remotely resembles criticism of the government? The push with the new HK laws to make criticizing the CCP illegal in every country opening up the possibility for arrest of anyone critical to the regime if they enter the country?

Seriously dude what the fuck?

First of all, we have over a million more people in our prison system than China. So which country is the prison state?

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...arcerates-more-people-china-or-russia-state-/

Secondly, perhaps you didn't like the article but you could at least provide a counter-argument. If you don't believe that Chinese trust their government then at least show me some articles showing otherwise. Although if you've spent anytime around Chinese people I think you'd agree with me quite quickly.

Also why ignore USA spying on citizens? That's been exposed already by people like Edward Snowden.

I think we should try to view things objectively and not just from a bias perspective. Both countries are deeply flawed in many ways but if Chinese are happy overall why are we so judgemental?

i can BTFO your claim with 2 words: social credit.

Back