Economy Samsung to stop production at its last computer factory in China

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
TL : DR

- Samsung will shut production at its last computer factory in China.
- will only maintain a R&D presense
- in 2012 the factory exported $4.3 billion . In 2018 that figure sunk to $1 billion
- Samsung shut its last smartphone plant last year. Still has 2 semi conductor fab plants there
- Reason for leaving: US - China trade tariffs issues , Rising labor costs in China , The virus situation

---

SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co will halt operations of its last computer factory in China, the South Korean tech giant said on Saturday, the latest manufacturer to shift production from the world's second-biggest economy.

Companies are rethinking their production and supply chains amid rising Chinese labour costs, a U.S.-China trade war and the blow from the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/samsung-electronics-halt-production-last-075247117.html

TL : DR

- Samsung will shut production at its last computer factory in China.
- will only maintain a R&D presense
- in 2012 the factory exported $4.3 billion . In 2018 that figure sunk to $1 billion
- Samsung shut its last smartphone plant last year. Still has 2 semi conductor fab plants there
- Reason for leaving: US - China trade tariffs issues , Rising labor costs in China , The virus situation

---

SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co will halt operations of its last computer factory in China, the South Korean tech giant said on Saturday, the latest manufacturer to shift production from the world's second-biggest economy.

Companies are rethinking their production and supply chains amid rising Chinese labour costs, a U.S.-China trade war and the blow from the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/samsung-electronics-halt-production-last-075247117.html

Good. I don't know why S Korea would do any business with china at all. Without commie China there is no north korea.

PS I don't know why we do any business with them either or anyone else does. There is to be some things that you say, You know what? I would rather pay more for X than give china one fucking cent.

Good. I don't know why S Korea would do any business with china at all. Without commie China there is no north korea.

PS I don't know why we do any business with them either or anyone else does. There is to be some things that you say, You know what? I would rather pay more for X than give china one fucking cent.

We do business with them because our politicians are bribed by them to sell out the US.

We do business with them because our politicians are bribed by them to sell out the US.

It sucks because I do know quite a few chinese people that are here or here on visas. There is no way to get rid of china's oppressive government without monetary warfare and military spending....like how we beat the USSR. We all got nukes so there is no direct combat. The chinese people have no real way to overthrow their gov. Ugh. Now those poor fucking Hong Kongians are under that CCP bullshit.

It sucks because I do know quite a few chinese people that are here or here on visas. There is no way to get rid of china's oppressive government without monetary warfare and military spending....like how we beat the USSR. We all got nukes so there is no direct combat. The chinese people have no real way to overthrow their gov. Ugh. Now those poor fucking Hong Kongians are under that CCP bullshit.

The people will rise up against the government. Chinese leaders are terrified. It's going to get crazy soon.

The people will rise up against the government. Chinese leaders are terrified. It's going to get crazy soon.

No they're not lol. Unless there is a massive economic meltdown and the country is sleeping on the streets we aren't going to see that.

What most Americans don't understand is that the majority of Chinese people like their government, they've seen their parents and their own lives improve dramatically within the past few decades and so they are optimistic. Could that change in the future? Of course it could but there is no data that supports your claim. It is simply wishful thinking on your part and nothing more.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/opinion/2017-10/27/content_33762163.htm

This article is a few years old but it shows the amount of support the government gets, if anything I'd bet it is higher now.

well, this seems backwards.
That’s what I was going to say

If you’re gonna maintain a presence in China, might as well keep it low value shit like phone cases or something. Not the potential blueprint to valuable technology

No they're not lol. Unless there is a massive economic meltdown and the country is sleeping on the streets we aren't going to see that.

What most Americans don't understand is that the majority of Chinese people like their government, they've seen their parents and their own lives improve dramatically within the past few decades and so they are optimistic. Could that change in the future? Of course it could but there is no data that supports your claim. It is simply wishful thinking on your part and nothing more.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/opinion/2017-10/27/content_33762163.htm

This article is a few years old but it shows the amount of support the government gets, if anything I'd bet it is higher now.
While I disagree with him, your post is laughable since you’re using literal Chinese propaganda.

There’s no doubt that many Chinese are patriotic but all authoritarian regimes have high approval ratings - until they don’t.

The CCP is constantly pushing propaganda in all facets of life while punishing those that disagree

On the other hand, there will be no popular uprising in China, unless some faction of the CCP allows it. China is basically a prison-state at this point with all the technological and social controls held on Chinese people.

They just haven’t gone full Mao because they need the outside worlds food, oil,’and technology

While I disagree with him, your post is laughable since you’re using literal Chinese propaganda.

There’s no doubt that many Chinese are patriotic but all authoritarian regimes have high approval ratings - until they don’t.

The CCP is constantly pushing propaganda in all facets of life while punishing those that disagree

On the other hand, there will be no popular uprising in China, unless some faction of the CCP allows it. China is basically a prison-state at this point with all the technological and social controls held on Chinese people.

They just haven’t gone full Mao because they need the outside worlds food, oil,’and technology

First of all, we have over a million more people in our prison system than China. So which country is the prison state?

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...arcerates-more-people-china-or-russia-state-/

Secondly, perhaps you didn't like the article but you could at least provide a counter-argument. If you don't believe that Chinese trust their government then at least show me some articles showing otherwise. Although if you've spent anytime around Chinese people I think you'd agree with me quite quickly.

Also why ignore USA spying on citizens? That's been exposed already by people like Edward Snowden.

I think we should try to view things objectively and not just from a bias perspective. Both countries are deeply flawed in many ways but if Chinese are happy overall why are we so judgemental?

I hate to state the obvious here but it's more likely they're just not doing great in China.

There's too much wishful thinking and confirmation bias for China's collapse which is clouding everyone's ability to think clearly.

China's economy is self-sustaining at this point. They've reached takeoff point and their internal market is like a fusion engine.

First of all, we have over a million more people in our prison system than China. So which country is the prison state?

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...arcerates-more-people-china-or-russia-state-/

Secondly, perhaps you didn't like the article but you could at least provide a counter-argument. If you don't believe that Chinese trust their government then at least show me some articles showing otherwise. Although if you've spent anytime around Chinese people I think you'd agree with me quite quickly.

Also why ignore USA spying on citizens? That's been exposed already by people like Edward Snowden.

I think we should try to view things objectively and not just from a bias perspective. Both countries are deeply flawed in many ways but if Chinese are happy overall why are we so judgemental?
Ahh, the classical Chinese “accuse you of what you’re accusing me” Do you happen to be the most recent Chinese foreign minister? I love you guys work

I can’t ask Chinese people how they really feel, because they can potentially go to prison if their opinion is not correct. What I can say for certain, is that the CCP doesn’t trust their citizens they way their citizens allegedly trust them, hence massive social control.

What does America doing bad things have to do with being unbiased?

When speaking of China, I am speaking of China. Bringing up someone else’s fuck ups doesn’t make you unbiased, it’s just deflection.

and you're not subject to American propaganda [which is in full swing right now]?

We should just accept that China and the US are going to rub up against each other until one establishes primacy.

and you're not subject to American propaganda [which is in full swing right now]?

We should just accept that China and the US are going to rub up against each other until one establishes primacy.
Deflection is not an argument.

Back