Sambo thread!

I've just discovered a sambo phenomenon... Artem Osipenko!
Osipenko was born in Soviet Union (Russia) on 28th May 1988, at 9 years old he started karate, but finding it too boring, he switched to sport sambo one year later. In sambo he won everything: several times Russian national champion, some international titles, European champion and nine times World champion. He competed two times in judo (without any judo training), the first time in 2010 U23 Russian championships in the U100 kg weight division, arriving second. And one year later in senior Russian championships in the U100 kg weight division (he weighs 115 kg and is 1,90 m tall), arriving seventh. In my opinion one of the best sambo player in the World; if not the best.

Last edited:
Hello, I just joined Sherdog forum to learn a little about training Sambo after listening to Vlad Koulikov speaking about Sambo/History on a podcast. Hoping to read up on the history of Sambo here or be guided to any good books on the subject.

Also hope to travel to Eastern Europe/Central Asia so looking forward to learning about other people's experiences doing this. I trained Muay Thai in some trips to Thailand and would like to find out if Sambo training is accessible for foreign visitors.

All advice is very gratefully received,

Chokez

Back