• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Sam Alvey Is Getting Another Fight In The UFC

I dont understand the hate for alvey. Hes had a few bad fights but also a lot of good ones and has a personality hard to hate. He also fights at LHW which we already bitch about being thin. Its a good fight for upcoming fighters where as a fan you go "oh thats the guy who beat sam alvey" so you can remember who they are. Hate him or love him, you know who sam alvey is.

Winless in his last 8 ffs

Per BJPenn.com

“I’m not cut, I get at least one more fight with the UFC, my contract is one more fight. UFC didn’t cut me. We are sitting in this truck actually, I’m sitting in the passenger seat my wife in the driver’s seat and she’s not talking,” Alvey said on his YouTube channel. “I’m freaking out a little bit on the phone (with the UFC), trying to keep it together on the phone. Thank you. I manage to sputter out thank you, they said they are going to let me finish my contract, I have one fight left on it, you let us know when you are looking for it. We have all been talking, Mick, Shelby, Dana anyone that is involved. We had a conversation and you’ve been very good to the sport and to us and we are going to let you fight out your contract.”

Not much I will say about this other than I'm equally as glad they're letting him finish as contract as I am disgusted he's still on the roster when others aren't.

Who should he face in his final bout? I say make it Johnny Walker at LHW, what say you?
Him in the passenger seat after taking yet another L, wife driving… what a cuck.

Better fighters have been released, and this guy somehow misses getting hit by the train while still standing on the tracks.

Ridiculous
It's the ufc, they'll let a top 5 world class fighter go but they'll keep any bum that has some good propaganda spin defending their bs fighter pay lol

I don't think it is a matter of shitting on the UFC for cutting people as much as the lack of clarity.
A good fighter expelled after a third loss, one being taking a short notice fight...

...it hardly sounds fair to let someone else lose that many times and not lose their jobs.

I love ALvey and am glad he was not cut. But I would like the UFC to show the same restraint (or at least closer) to some other fighters
I already addressed that. Not everybody is treated equally in any company. You’re a cog in the wheel. Easily replaced. But if you are actually a really good employee that makes quota, and doesn’t constantly bitch, or phone in sick. You’re worth more to the company than someone that doesn’t do all that.

I’m not getting into specifics because I really don’t care. But they’ve obviously kept him for a reason. And it’s none of my business.

I already addressed that. Not everybody is treated equally in any company. You’re a cog in the wheel. Easily replaced. But if you are actually a really good employee that makes quota, and doesn’t constantly bitch, or phone in sick. You’re worth more to the company than someone that doesn’t do all that.

I’m not getting into specifics because I really don’t care. But they’ve obviously kept him for a reason. And it’s none of my business.

Agreed. Speaking as an employer for many years, a decent reliable, stable employee is almost always better than an occasionally great, unreliable one who misses shifts regularly.

I must be the only one who likes Sam. Regardless of if he should still be in the big leagues

Imagine if he has a highlight reel KO of his next opponent and they re-sign him

Im not sure how to feel. on one hand, he seems to be happy and doesnt want to leave the UFC, on the other hand, he lost 7 fights in a row. And to be fair, UFC should honor contracts, if you give a fighter 8 fights, you should let him finish it out. I do think after a few loses in a row you should stop feeding them to the wolves.

If this dude doesn't go out against an opponent like Johnny Walker and decapitate him with a jumping spinning heel kick, he's not fighting in the UFC ever again

...so in other words, you play willfully blind. Got it.

because we are talking about fighters. They fight.
They are good when they win or are popular, a thing that Alvey is good, but not one with the following to explain him staying.

...besides, I did not disagree with you. But there's a very clear distinction on someone being let go after two losses, one being a last minute replacement and him losing 7 with full camps.
The first example is not exactly a bad employee and got absolutely no sympathy for helping out. So your example is fallible
And I am ssuming here that you have absolutely no idea of specifics, you are just trying to say it in a macro view... but it just don't fit everywhere, and that is exactly what I mentioned... a little more clarity would help us (as fans) understand and the UFC as well, since they rely on us for their profit.

Here's my official fight suggestion for his last fight: Sam Alvey vs Marc-André Barriault.

If Alvey can't beat Barriault then he can't beat anyone. And if Barriault manages to lose to Alvey, then he has no business being in the UFC.

You always take the most cowardly approach to simping for corporations. "I don't really care. It is what it is". Just say what you really feel rather than pretending that you're playing devil's advocate

What quotas is Alvey meeting? Lol.

If you want to use the analogy of "real jobs", then Sam Alvey isn't the guy who just does his job and "doesn't constantly bitch", he's the unproductive employee that still gets preferrable treatment because he kisses the managers' asses

This one is going to be the one that makes y’all put some hespect on Sam’s name! <{JustBleed}>

Back