• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Sam Alvey Is Getting Another Fight In The UFC

Sam Alvey vs. Paulo Costa? One last win for Alvey.

i just realized he's on an 8 fight losing streak and hasn't won a fight in 4 years........damn and i thought Jessica Eye was on a thin line

Alvey better have a back up plan in order because no way UFC renews that contract even if he fights for cheap

At this point he is a bottom feeder in that division and wouldn't even be competitive in Bellator.

They'll resign him after his 8 consecutive loss for less than he makes now and he'll gladly accept because he loves the current fighter pay anyways

100% this. Sam isn't going anywhere unless he wants to.

Nice. Sam brings positivity to the octagon with his smile

Nah.
That smile is a secret hater's smile.
That smile is a brown-noser's smile.
That smile is a "happy-to-be-there-don't-rock-the-boat" smile.

Here's my official fight suggestion for his last fight: Sam Alvey vs Marc-André Barriault.

If Alvey can't beat Barriault then he can't beat anyone. And if Barriault manages to lose to Alvey, then he has no business being in the UFC.

I actually like the idea Alvey fighting Ed Herman... but this isn't bad either.

IMO Barriault is the more credible fighter with a decent skill set, even if he didn't look like it against Chidi. I think he'd actually have more difficulty than he should against Alvey, simply due to how their styles match up. Barriault is fairly strong for a 185er but Alvey competes regularly at 205 and in spite of godawful of a fighter he is, the one part of his fundamentals that has remained pretty solid (speaking in very relative terms) is his defensive grappling. The last two times he's gotten submitted it's when he was rocked and dropped beforehand. He knows how to shuck guys off of him in the clinch, reverse position against the fence, and has 82% career TDD in the UFC in addition to scrambling well on the mat. It's actually sort of bizarre considering how bad he is elsewhere.

So Barriault, whose entire game these days is predicated on being a big strong jacked bully who puts pressure and volume on you before physically holding you up against the cage for three rounds and scoring total strikes and control time for a UD win (or if he's lucky getting a TD and subsequent GnP TKO) might legitimately be in trouble despite being the vastly more talented fighter with more momentum behind him -- his last KO loss notwithstanding. He might actually be forced to fight Sam in open space and have a sloppy boxing match with him. I'd probably still pick Marc... but I would actually sweat in doing so and I can't believe I'm saying that.

Last edited:
Sam probably should realise at this point that he isn't good enough.

Who cares? In all honesty doesnt really matter. He'll get one more fight on prelims of some fight night and he'll move on after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back