• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Sam Alvey Is Getting Another Fight In The UFC

They'll resign him after his 8 consecutive loss for less than he makes now and he'll gladly accept because he loves the current fighter pay anyways
The idea that the UFC is a sport is a stretch. It's a business and Sam is a good employee. His listens to Dana and does what he's told like a good employee does. Therefore he gets rewarded. Alvey in, guys like Mighty Mouse, Mousasi, Phil Davis, Ryan Bader, Jimmie Rivera out.

People shit on the UFC for cutting people, and they shit on the UFC for not cutting people..

It’s a no win situation. And you’re shocked that everybody is not treated equally? When you know that most of you aren’t treated equally with your own co-workers. It is the way it has always been.

He fights out his contract and is sent down the road. Nothing to get excited or worked up over.
My thoughts exactly. No one should really care. It's not a "sum zero" roster system anyway. Like you say, the amount of bitching about cuts, and how unfair it always is . . . ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?! . . . by Alvey? I'm just sitting back and enjoying each comical farce of a performance he has a little more each time, and glad he's "smilin" to the bank.

I can't believe how much Sam Alvey triggers this forum. Who gives a shit if he gets another 5 fights. He's on the prelims, he's not being wasted on any great fighters....it does not matter

Sam Alvey vs Conor, catchweight bout for LW title, you heard it here first. Sam Alvey is a fucking warrior.

Mabye Smiling Sam's last fight will be enough to get Khamzat into the octagon again after all these years.

He has the Ben Rothwell-slow-plodding methodical-lose-by-decision-after-getting-pummeled style of fighting.

So, another up-and-coming fighter can use Sam Alvey's face to perform a 48-hit Killer Instinct ultra combo on. He's giving back to the sport he loves.

Jarl

Watch him win and get a new contract. Or lose and get a new contract.

His fights are usually entertaining

Is this a surprise? It isn't to me

Bring it and get paid.

I am speechless at this decision

Nobody is shocked, of course. But even so, the emotional turmoil this dude has put himself through is almost impressive. Imagine training at your gym on a catastrophic, career destroying losing streak-for literally anybody else-with people who are grinding to make a UFC appearance. Even supportive friends have to grimace knowing ole Sam is strolling in for another camp. And where does he summon the motivation to do this over and over again? He’s amazing in this regard, a true fighter, but my god…..the self belief. It’s inspiring in the most perverse sort of way.

I will say 3 of his last 5 are split decisions or draws even if the last 2 are finishes. Maybe Dana doesn't like letting people go over split decisions?

If he gets resigned that's where it really starts getting sus.

Ridiculous this dude is allegedly getting another fight.

Nothing against him personally.

There is ZERO consistency in the UFC.
The man has failed to win in the last 8 fights. Yet he still somehow has a UFC contract and has not been ejected from the org whereas fighters 5 times as talented get goofed after 2 or 3 losses. It's bizarre, has to be a story.

Consistency with how you treat your employees and independent contractors is very important. (don't come at me with IRS facts people, I know them already)

There is no consistency on Planet UFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back