Sagging pants (90s vs today)

the_sagging_pants_fashion_trend_that_makes_absolutely_03.jpg

This is the professional look here. Sagging pants, but the extra long jacket covers his ass. A scholar and a gentleman.
Does he have suspenders under that jacket? How do they just stay there

Never understood the sagging madness, but even as an older gent I still prefer a relaxed fit. Skinnies just look painful.

Mind you, I might just be saying that as I have a physique like Spongebob, so the thought of me advertising my legs is just wrong.

you know how i know you're poor?
by the fact that your pants don't fit, and you don't own a belt.

OK I just want to clear something up with kids today who sag their pants.

Yeah, I used to sag my pants back in the day (90s). But it was different in my era.

We used to sag our Dickies, BUT and here is the difference, we wore long shirts to cover ourselves.

It looked something like this:

saggy14n-2-web.jpg

This is what kids are doing today:

saggy-pants.jpg

Notice how in the first pic, the two gentlemen do not have their asses hanging out. So in conclusion, the pants sagging trend evolved to putting your ass on display.

Discuss.
Also, our pants are actually baggy thus it sags. Nowadays, you have kids with tight skinny jeans. Check this link out. Perfectly sums up today's generation. I love the comments by the dad. "Not even girls wear that tight"

It was fucking dumb back then and it's fucking dumb today.
It's DUMBER now.

More like 1992

As late as 1990 NWA had on pretty "normal" pants

N.W.A.-in-1990.jpg

The sag took its baby steps in 91

tumblr_my0wrrpTQ51ss9u8wo1_400.gif

By 92, it was full-on

tumblr_nwo2bebuGa1szbfero1_500.png

Fantastic brief history lesson homie.

If I could continue the time line....

Current day:

baggy-skinny-jeans.jpeg

Which begs the question... What will be the next wave/ evolution in urban street wear????

double_1_xly3fz.jpg

You sound like you had a sad childhood
Quite the contrary. I had clothes that fit. I also didn't feel the need to dress like an idiot in order to fit in with other losers.

Quite the contrary. I had clothes that fit. I also didn't feel the need to dress like an idiot in order to fit in with other losers.

What fashion trends did you adhere to as a teen?

Was this you?

nerd-standing-picture-id501647972

What fashion trends did you adhere to as a teen?

Was this you?

nerd-standing-picture-id501647972

Jeans and T shirts, yes. No glasses though, and maybe not quite the upper body as that specimen.

Back