Sage is a joke

gall is a good grappler for a brown belt jiu jitsu but this guy kisses his father on the mouth thats scary.

I was hoping the TD would improve by now but nope... Hes stand up is good enough hes just dose not have a fight I.Q

his grappling, holy shit

and like, not only on the ground, bot 0 takedown defense, too?

To be popular on Sherdog you just have to be a muscular, white, douchebag.

2 such characters died tonight.

Relax. I was impressed he got up from the first takedown. Even if it takes 2 years to become a contender, that still leaves him a year to become youngest champ ever. Gall is natural 170'er, Sage needs to back down to 155 where it's easier to get up from the ground.

He needs to cut his dad out of his MMA career and join a camp that has good coaches.

He had some nobody training him in the road to the octagon episode, he needs to go to AKA and wrestle with the elite.

Agreed. Doing little 1 week camps at roufussport are not going to cut it.

He really, really, really needs to get away from his control freak dad and manage his own career. His dad knows fuck all about mma.

His dad said they overtrained at tri star when sage was there for a couple weeks, and didn't want him training there.

What a joke.

His dad is the biggest problem he has right now, and is holding back his sons skill progression.

Gall's stand up defiantly needs work, but he's bought himself some time to work on that between now and his next fight. Hw's taking advantage of his opportunity and what I like is he seems genuine, unlike what we've heard from Sage. In some respects I'm more interested in what they do next with Sage.

Sage fights stupid and impatient. He was clearly the better striker and would have got the KO against Gall and maybe Barbarena if he just fought smart like Joaban did today. Sage rushes everything, he probably wants the quick KO glory, but he's ruining his career.

He really, really, really needs to get away from his control freak dad and manage his own career. His dad knows fuck all about mma.

His dad said they overtrained at tri star when sage was there for a couple weeks, and didn't want him training there.

What a joke.

His dad is the biggest problem he has right now, and is holding back his sons skill progression.
I totally agree. I really see the talent Sage has and it makes me sad that he lost basically due to poor training. Hes only 20, but he should take some time off now, and work on his BJJ and TDD. Standup looked fine.

What a joke.

Agreed! Appears to be very similar to the relationship between another Texas boy and his daddy from the 1980's...

kerryvonerich-championbeltyellowrose_flickr-tonya.jpg

Back