Sage is a joke

Not to use the "he's only 19" argument again but I think he is under cooked as a fighter. He get's pissed every time he's hit in the face. Usually it takes a lot of sparring session to get your nerves uinder control when you are getting hit. People react differently, some get angry while others get into a shell but it's an emotional and not a rational response in either cases. When he trained with Firas, Sage's father was vocal about how he didn't like the way they sparred. Although, he had no issues if Sage's sparring partner assumed the role of a punching bag to build his confidence.

I've said it from the start of all this Sage hype....the dude is a joke.

But as bad as he is on the ground, Gall is just as bad standing lol.
he droped northtap and made him panic wrestle

It was a good fight that went the way it should have. No need to hate.

I knew something was up when the sherdog play by play thread was giving SAGE tips that he wasn't utilizing. If sherbrahs know more about BJJ than Sage then something is wrong. *

*Im a sherbrah

After he tapped from an arm triangle in half guard, you knew he was a novice on the ground. Embarrassing to say the least.

There wasn't even a sense of ugency on his face. It was like ehh ok ya got me, I tap. Wtf

Sage Northcutt is not ready for the best fighters in the world right now, this much is obvious. He should be on the regional circuit training and maturing at his natural pace.

I hope UFC learnt that they should never let hypecutt or van hype fight on maincard again.

I wonder if by competing @ the UFC level right now he's going to ruin his potential by wearing out his chin and body.

agreed, straight quits in there

Have you ever had a RNC locked down on your jaw? Never because you're not a fighter. It literally feels like your skull is about to be shattered, it's freaking terrifying. I would have tapped too

I'd win a grappling match against Sage.
Not that I want to grapple with him, just saying..
giphy.gif

Good thing he has a coach and can get better

Sage should bang, not grapple.

the complete opposite from going out on your shield. the kid obviously has potential, but he really needs to toughen up and stop hanging out with his dad so much

Back