Sage is a joke

his grappling, holy shit

and like, not only on the ground, bot 0 takedown defense, too?

conor mcgregor is one of the few strikers that can handle grapplers. grapplers are mostly in favorite position against strikers.

He shouldn't have ever came to the ufc. Young guys like him should think long term. Deny the ufc, until you get that experience in. He should have came in when he turns 22 or something.

This is why boxers take a shit ton of amateur fights. They are built in that ring before they go pro.

He thought short term. He paid the price.

Not familiar. Who is he so i can read up about it?
Kerry Von Erich (Adkisson) is a deceased pro wrestler from Dallas, Texas who was part of the "Von Erich" wrestling family. Father Fritz Von Erich, a wrestler from the 50's & 60's had five sons who he raised to be "teen idol" pro wrestlers under the guise of Christian, boy next door do gooders with similar to Sage with the "by golly, yes sir, no sir" stuff. The father was controlling and forced his boys into wrestling. By the early 90's four of the five boys were dead, three by suicide. They all had very bad drug problems and many have blamed the father and his controlling actions as the result. Google them...

Sage's ground game is as weak as Gall's standup. BOTH shouldn't be in the UFC.

Gall is undefeated and 2-0 against UFC competition (the elite kind of fighters that Fedor ducked).

They should feed Erick Silva to him next.

Kerry Von Erich (Adkisson) is a deceased pro wrestler from Dallas, Texas who was part of the "Von Erich" wrestling family. Father Fritz Von Erich, a wrestler from the 50's & 60's had five sons who he raised to be "teen idol" pro wrestlers under the guise of Christian, boy next door do gooders with similar to Sage with the "by golly, yes sir, no sir" stuff. The father was controlling and forced his boys into wrestling. By the early 90's four of the five boys were dead, three by suicide. They all had very bad drug problems and many have blamed the father and his controlling actions as the result. Google them...

Ok yeah i have heard of him.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Gall is undefeated and 2-0 against UFC competition (the elite kind of fighters that Fedor ducked).

They should feed Erick Silva to him next.
Ummm. Fedor, arguably the best HW of all time, "ducked" Mike Jackson and CM Punk level fighters? Are you trolling, an idiot or both?

A bad joke at that. All he does is make me roll my eyes, sigh and wait for whatever it is he's doing to be over.

just a bunch of sherdog homos they jumped on Perry bandwagon but tonite there dreams got crushed lol

You ain't TS though?

giphy.gif

Great call by the way. It's how i thought it would go down as well.

he has always been popular, not hyped as next champion

And? Vitor Belfort was 19 too.

And Vitor was called "The Phenom" for a reason and hardly a fair comparison to any 19 year old for many reasons.

Sage is a kid. If he stays on the track and stays focused he will be a very good fighter some day.

Literally has no idea what to do on the ground. Dude didn't even try to defend that rear naked choke.

To think the hype this guy once had...
"Next GSP"

Lulzy lullers!

I think he gad a ton of confidence while training with nobodies and crushing cans. But when he went to Tristar, I think he found out that he wasn't even in the top ten in the gym. Can you imagine hat Rory an Duffsters did to him? Then, his Dad pulled him out and started 'training' him again. They said at Tristar that he just wasn't a hard worker and that really showed 2night. Question is, do they cut him now, as he gets 100K a fight! People only wanted to watch him because they thought that he was like some indestructible wrecking machine but when he was exposed, no one cares anymore

As long as he lets his dad run things, he'll never be anything as a fighter.

And Vitor was called "The Phenom" for a reason and hardly a fair comparison to any 19 year old for many reasons.

Sage is a kid. If he stays on the track and stays focused he will be a very good fighter some day.
I don't think he can because he doesn't want it. He is not obsessed with the game like Conor or GSP were. He is only doing this because his Dad raised him to do so. Sure, he has tremendous physical talent but he clearly is not obsessed with perfection and does not even seem bothered when he loses.....he is simply not a born fighter and if his Dad never cultivated and shaped him, he would never be a fighter. It reminds me so much of Marv and Todd Marinovich.

As long as he lets his dad run things, he'll never be anything as a fighter.
Yes! Thankyou. It is totally different with Sage and his Dad and Khabib and his Dad. Khabib is obsessed with perfection and being the absolute best. I still think in Sage's mind that MMA is no different than going to a karate tournament on the weekends as a ten year old if you lose? "Oh well! Dad can e go to Chucky Cheese still?".

He gets MAD money (more than like 99% of the UFC @ 100k a fight and UFC has got to be regretting that shit!) and owing to this, he'll keep going to get a paycheck but I would not be surprised if he goes on hiatus or something.

Yes! Thankyou. It is totally different with Sage and his Dad and Khabib and his Dad. Khabib is obsessed with perfection and being the absolute best. I still think in Sage's mind that MMA is no different than going to a karate tournament on the weekends as a ten year old if you lose? "Oh well! Dad can e go to Chucky Cheese still?".

He gets MAD money (more than like 99% of the UFC @ 100k a fight and UFC has got to be regretting that shit!) and owing to this, he'll keep going to get a paycheck but I would not be surprised if he goes on hiatus or something.

Sage's dad is his bottleneck right now. He has to break away, or he probably won't get far beyond where he's at now. And he's just not that good.

I've said it from the start of all this Sage hype....the dude is a joke.

But as bad as he is on the ground, Gall is just as bad standing lol.

Back