Sage is a joke

robbyp

MMA Highlight Maker
@red
Reaction score
Literally has no idea what to do on the ground. Dude didn't even try to defend that rear naked choke.

To think the hype this guy once had...

Yup but Mickey better get that standup in check because he is gonna get wrecked if he fights anyone with decent wrestling.

I'd win a grappling match against Sage.
Not that I want to grapple with him, just saying..

Looked like he tried to tap as soon as it went to ground. I'll have to watch it again, but that's what it looked like to me.

He has speed but his striking isn't that great for MMA either.

After he tapped from an arm triangle in half guard, you knew he was a novice on the ground. Embarrassing to say the least.

Who was that wrestling coach he is training with? Never heard of the guy. Probably for good reason.

And think of the money he makes. The whole WW division must have been watching this fight and been pissed off.

Sage's ground game is as weak as Gall's standup. BOTH shouldn't be in the UFC.

He needs to cut his dad out of his MMA career and join a camp that has good coaches.

He had some nobody training him in the road to the octagon episode, he needs to go to AKA and wrestle with the elite.

What the fuck was he doing at Gracie Barra ?

He's too green I believe. He looked out of character in there, probably rustled by Gall. His ground game is severely lacking but he has conditons. Give him time.

He's a whole lot better than 99% of fighters were at 19.

I think he should take a long break and stick with a real camp. Worst thing he could do is wear down his body/chin before he has a chance to grow his skills.

Back