Saffiedine looks ready.

JT29

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Marquart is going to have his hands full. People really just have no idea.

Guys tend to look ready at weigh ins.

Saffeidine is definitely tough, but everyone who knows how tough he is should definitely realize what kind of monster Marquardt is.

Marquardt will make a statement tomorrow night and Saffeidine will be on the business end of it.

I thought Saffiedine was the active ingredient in cough syrup or something. I don't even know who the guy is.

Saffedine probably should of lost to Roger Bowling. Sorry if most of us don't buy him as a legit threat to Nate.

TS thought rather than looking Marquardt in the eyes, Saffiedine would be curled up on the floor in the fetal position crying "I can't do this!" while intermittently sucking his thumb.

Saffiedine looked very tentative against Tyler Stinson.

Marquardt will likely finish early. People forget that Marquardt is one of the best in the game.

Saffedine probably should of lost to Roger Bowling. Sorry if most of us don't buy him as a legit threat to Nate.

If Okami can beat Marquardt in a standup battle, Saffidiene should have a decent chance at it as long as he can stay upright and doesn't get caught with a big shot.

Marquardt has a size advantage on him and is a much more well rounded fighter, but stylistically it doesn't seem like a terrible matchup for Saffidiene who has good striking and takedown defense.

If Okami can beat Marquardt in a standup battle, Saffidiene should have a decent chance at it as long as he can stay upright and doesn't get caught with a big shot.

Marquardt has a size advantage on him and is a much more well rounded fighter, but stylistically it doesn't seem like a terrible matchup for Saffidiene who has good striking and takedown defense.

People don't want to admit it but Okami has good stand up these days. A good jab and solid movement he basically just lacks KO power. Okami would more than likely win a decision in a bout with Saffidiene if it was all stand up. He wouldn't just stand with him but if he did he would still win.

People don't want to admit it but Okami has good stand up these days. A good jab and solid movement he basically just lacks KO power. Okami would more than likely win a decision in a bout with Saffidiene if it was all stand up. He wouldn't just stand with him but if he did he would still win.

I wasn't putting down Okami. I agree Okami has good standup though he doesn't usually use it other than to force tie-ups. But Saffidiene has good standup as well even though he is not a KO threat. And yes Okami could probably beat Saffidiene in a standup fight but he's also effectively about 2 weight classes higher than him (larger-type MW vs smaller-type WW).

I wasn't putting down Okami. I agree Okami has good standup though he mostly uses it to force tie-ups. But so does Saffidiene. And yes Okami could probably beat Saffidiene in a standup fight but he's also effectively about 2 weight classes higher than him (larger-type MW vs smaller-type WW).

Wait what? You think Okami has better striking than Saffeidine? Are you joking or is this some element of your comparison I'm not taking into consideration?

Wait what? You think Okami has better striking than Saffeidine?

Where did I ever say that?

What I said was Okami is much larger than Saffidiene so if he were to beat Saffidiene standing, that would likely be the reason.

If I had said Roy Nelson would likely beat Jose Aldo in a standup fight, does that mean I think Roy Nelson has better standup than Jose Aldo?

Okami won because the threat of takedowns and his clinch game altered the way Nate had to fight. Good grapplers have more success striking against better strikers than expect all the time because of the threat of the takedown. Nate doesn't have to worry about this when fighting Tarec.

Okami won because the threat of takedowns and his clinch game altered the way Nate had to fight. Good grapplers have more success striking against better strikers than expect all the time because of the threat of the takedown. Nate doesn't have to worry about this when fighting Tarec.

Yes I had accounted for that - still doesn't mean Marquardt can't get outpointed in the standup if Saffidiene is on that night.

Also, Okami doesn't really use takedowns until he after he clinches near the cage. Even when they were in the center of the octagon, Okami was still getting the better of the standup against Nate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anddrew
Back