Saddest last fight in the UFC?

BJ Penn by far. It was so sad it literally made me uncomfortable to watch. Like i was watching my dad get his ass kicked or something like that.

I hated the Randy vs prime Machida matchup. Has there ever been a more obvious conclusion before the fight actually took place? The whole "go out on your shield" thing is stupid, Randy should have had a winnable fight to go out on.

I was so happy to se randy embarrassed like that. He is the worst MMA fighter I have ever met. Fuck him his couch and anybody who ever sits on his couch.:D:icon_evil:D

What fighter would you say had the worst last fight performance in the UFC before either being cut or retiring. Let's talk only ex champs or at least guys who fought for the title.

Liddell would have to be at the top of my list.

Royce is a nice choice.
Both Nog's also.
Hughes....even BJ Penn...I should stop now.....:icon_cry2

It's between Penn and Royce for me. Both looked like shadows of their former selves. Completely dominated and shown that they no longer have any business fighting.

I wasn't a Chuck Liddell fan but it was certainly sad to see him go out getting KO'ed yet again and by a weak shot at that. The chin was gone.

A lot came to mind, but this one by far. Huge BJ fan, and I really bought into the hype for his come back, and I figured at 145 lbs just being in shape for the fight would make his cardio a non-issue. I don't even know what I was watching that night. Not sure how it lasted as long as it did, but his soul was crushed in that fight.

I was right there with you, I thought BJ being at 145 and in shape that we might actually see a career comeback something like Lawler is doing now

Still baffled with what he was doing out there, it is like he decided to stop doing everything that made him good

In hindsight it's not sad at all cuz the guy turned out to be an absolute piece of shit human being, but Josh Grispi losing to Andy Ogle was depressing. I think I remember after the fight Ogle said "You're the man" to Grispi and Grispi said "I was". Was sad to see how far he fell

Liddell was super sad because the old dog tried so hard. Throwing high kicks, keeping his hands up. He looked good. But his chin was complete dust.

Chucks last 3 fights were awesome to me...

What fighter would you say had the worst last fight performance in the UFC before either being cut or retiring. Let's talk only ex champs or at least guys who fought for the title.

Liddell would have to be at the top of my list.

tied between royce and Ken shamrock:p

I hated the Randy vs prime Machida matchup. Has there ever been a more obvious conclusion before the fight actually took place? The whole "go out on your shield" thing is stupid, Randy should have had a winnable fight to go out on.

Randy chose that fight as he somehow believed that he had the key to beating Machida. It wasn't UFC matchmaking, he literally requested the fight himself.

GSP.

Retired knowing he lost his title fair and square.

But still had a celebration retirement ceremony having to pretend he didn't lose the fight.

Since WEC became the UFC.

How about Paulo Filho.

Evan Tanner getting toyed with by Kendall Grove.

BJ Penn was pretty heartbreaking. What made matters worse was that ridiculous stance he used in it.

Evan Tanner for several reasons. BJ Penn and Mark Coleman are runners-up.

Back