Saddest last fight in the UFC?

I was immediately thinking Chuck but people are right about BJ that was hard to watch

At least Chuck went out still fighting his ass off trying to take Rich's head off

I was immediately thinking Chuck but people are right about BJ that was hard to watch

At least Chuck went out still fighting his ass off trying to take Rich's head off

Yeah defiantly, Chuck went out on his shield. Bj was just bad.

This embarrassment has to rank up there. Sure it wasn't the actual fight performance that was the issue, but it's a terrible way to go out.

6f9gr4.jpg

kalib starnes honestly bj but hughes is there too so is mr franklin

I thought Coleman was actually worse than BJ. Saddest main event for me.

BJ penn by far but will bump this thread after Shoguns next fight

I hated the Randy vs prime Machida matchup. Has there ever been a more obvious conclusion before the fight actually took place? The whole "go out on your shield" thing is stupid, Randy should have had a winnable fight to go out on.
He asked for the fight.

I was super bummed when Handy got K'Oed by Chuck. Then he came back... A couple times... Since then I never felt much. Lol

bj penn for sure. shit was bad

A lot came to mind, but this one by far. Huge BJ fan, and I really bought into the hype for his come back, and I figured at 145 lbs just being in shape for the fight would make his cardio a non-issue. I don't even know what I was watching that night. Not sure how it lasted as long as it did, but his soul was crushed in that fight.

It's probably not the worst, but Honorable Mention to Chris Leben. A guy once known for his iron chin retiring on the stool with no idea what had just happened.

Also if Gomi retires that's a pretty tough way to go out.

Leben knew what was happening from memeory and was the one that called it off.

Cain and Pettis.

They are one of my favs and got beaten.

BJ Penn's last fight was hard to watch.

BJ Penn wins this all day.

I've never seen such a shit performance and the fact it was his last only makes it worse.

And I'm a HUGE BJ Penn fan.

BJ Penn was pretty bad for sure as was Couture's final vs Machida.

Just to add another name to the list. Koji Oishi's last fight vs Nick Diaz was one of the strangest approaches to a fight I have seen. Oishi was pretty much a moving punching bag.

Nothing can beat this. BJ literally cried at the post fight presser. That's how embarrassing it was.

Yeah. That's the first and loudest that came to mind. He completely shit the bed in that worthless fight.

BJ Penn. He got slaughtered in his final match. At least Liddell was giving Rich all he could handle.

Back