Saddest BJ Penn fans moments?

fernandom

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
BJ/GSP 2
BJ/Rory
BJ/Edgar III

Man anyone remember BJ/Rory? It was the third fight from the top and was definitely the most buzzed up one. I firmly believed BJ would find a way to win.

Then BJ/Edgar III was just sad.

I was sad when he decided to stop getting the shit kicked out of him for my amusement.

Bj v Franky III was the worst for myself...it cemented that the bj I knew and loved is not walking thru that curtain anymore

BJ vs Edgar III was a low point for me.

It was like watching Cro Cop get KO'd by Gonzaga.

BJ vs Edgar III
I turned it off and yelled out "FxxK!!!" before going to bed. It was then I knew his career was over.

The moment I saw him in that tip toe old timey stick up his ass boxing stance against Edgar. Man, I was crushed.

Everything after the first (BS) loss to Edgar was really pretty sad...

Everything after the first (BS) loss to Edgar was really pretty sad...

This guy gets it. BJ got robbed in his first fight with Edgar and then went straight to shit. His later matches ranged from disappointing to outright embarrassing.

I recall when he had daughter #1 with his blistering hot girlfriend. He went full daddy mode it became apparent he was dad first and UFC fighter distant second.

0rLpF.gif

Edgar II was the lowest for me. I expected him to get his title back. This fight was in Aug 2010 I believe. It was disappointing because in Dec. 2009, he had the most one sided fight I'd ever seen when he beat Sanchez. I thought it was a fluke that he lost to Edgar the first time. Little did anyone know, BJ and the Marinovich brothers (strength and conditioning trainers) had parted ways 7 weeks before Edgar I. So for Edgar II, I though BJ would came back and destroy Frankie. Instead he looked really out of shape and just looked terrible when he stepped in the cage. He looked nothing like he did 10 months earlier, he was slower than ever etc. After the Diego Sanchez fight, it was all downhill from there (except for ko'ing an aging Matt Hughes). When the two old men were gone, that was the day he was done IMO.

I wish he could've stayed with these guys.

[YT]watch?v=DVzrF-p2o2Q[/YT]

Diehard BJ fan here. And for me it was BJ/Edgar 2. For two reasons, I thought he won the first fight and I was still in the mindset that BJ was greatest LW in the world. Him losing that fight was a big blow to me.

When BJ/Edgar 3 happened I already knew he didn't have much left.

I just hate how he was a such a warrior and such a bad loser.

Back