Sad state of Muay Thai in MMA

I think it's because of the same reason that some fighters can get away with: Dropping their lead hand during a combination, winding up on most of their shots and throwing next to no set up strikes, also not using the jab much if at all.

Their opponents rarely if ever punish them for making those mistakes, I mean, not every guy that will kick their legs has the technique or power of Edson or Aldo, so they think they can get away with not checking kicks, and to a certain extent, they can.

Not my fault you are stupid and knows nothing about MT.

The issue isn't knowing or not knowing MT.

The issue is the OP proposes a discussion on how MMA fighters should be more well verse in MT, for example: checking kicks. But you went on a rambling about MMA vs MT... and it went downhill from there.

Don't get mad.

I think what is even more surprising to me is how come they try to go to every country for the UFC but never to Thailand?

I think what is even more surprising to me is how come they try to go to every country for the UFC but never to Thailand?

They try to go to every country with an MMA presence and a ready audience. Thailand has little of the former and less of the latter. Which means, there's not much business opportunity there. Though I think One FC recently did a show there.

Who knows in the future, but right now the business isn't there.

The issue isn't knowing or not knowing MT.

The issue is the OP proposes a discussion on how MMA fighters should be more well verse in MT, for example: checking kicks. But you went on a rambling about MMA vs MT... and it went downhill from there.

Don't get mad.
You are stupid.

Unlike you I provided an evidence, a video of MMA fighter vs Buakaw (one of the best kickboxer ever) where the mediocore MMA fighter (arguably low tier) holding his own against one of the very best.

This quickly turned and changed into a discussion about whether Buakaw is the "best" or if some other Thai guy is better than him.

It all went downhill when bunch of retards like you started to grasp at straws

Not my fault you are stupid and knows nothing about MT.

Dude, you can't name ONE active competive muay thai fighter off the top of your head. Nobody in this thread knows anything about Muay Thai but me, but you're especially stupid.

You are stupid.

Unlike you I provided an evidence, a video of MMA fighter vs Buakaw (one of the best kickboxer ever) where the mediocore MMA fighter (arguably low tier) holding his own against one of the very best.

This quickly turned and changed into a discussion about whether Buakaw is the "best" or if some other Thai guy is better than him.

See? Again, you ignore the point of discussion and went on a tirade about how an average MMA fighter was able to hang with Buakaw, which isn't the point of the argument.

Topic is MT techniques in MMA. Not MMA versus MT.

Dude, you can't name ONE active competive muay thai fighter off the top of your head. Nobody in this thread knows anything about Muay Thai but me, but you're especially stupid.
Nobody cares about the names of MT fighters this is why I know you are stupid.

To put it into perspective even the casuals who doesn't watch boxing knows Ali was the goat of boxing.

If a person said "I got to meet to the best boxer to ever live named Muhammad Ali"

You would probably tell him "Ali is not the best boxer WTF"

grasping at straws here

See? Again, you ignore the point of discussion and went on a tirade about how an average MMA fighter was able to hang with Buakaw, which isn't the point of the argument.

Topic is MT techniques in MMA. Not MMA versus MT.
How is the video showing a MMA fighter against a pure MT based striker under kickboxing rules NOT an example of the level of striking in MMA?

That video immediately and effectively debunked all the keyboard warrior sherdog experts like you on what makes a good striker.

I can't believe you made me explain this to you.

You are stupid.

He landed a few punches early in the fight and got worked over the rest of the way. Ya know, this thing called technique showed up.

ZOMG Kevin Randleman is a better striker than CroCop. ZOMG Chael Sonnen is a better striker than Anderson Silva.

How is the video showing a MMA fighter against a pure MT based striker under kickboxing rules NOT an example of the level of striking in MMA?

That video immediately and effectively debunked all the keyboard warrior sherdog experts like you on what makes a good striker.

I can't believe you made me explain this to you.

It's because kickboxing isn't MMA. The topic is MT techniques in MMA. Not MMA fighter in kickboxing.

He landed a few punches early in the fight and got worked over the rest of the way. Ya know, this thing called technique showed up.

ZOMG Kevin Randleman is a better striker than CroCop. ZOMG Chael Sonnen is a better striker than Anderson Silva.
While you were half retarded in that post ironically there was a part that was true.

Chael Sonnen although is a trash pure striker, he was capable of landing and even dropping Silva on the feet due to his constant threats of the takedowns.

Which comes back to how the dynamic of MMA works as a whole. When you have to worry about takedowns, clinches etc You can't just focus purely on striking alone.

Nobody cares names of MT fighters this is why I know you are stupid.

To put it into perspective even the casuals who doesn't watch boxing knows Ali was the goat of boxing.

If a person said "I got to meet to the best boxer to ever live named Muhammad Ali"

You would probably tell him "Ali is not the best boxer WTF"

grasping at straws here

Lol

You're "that guy" to a T. Never lost an argument in your life have you?

You know nothing about Muay Thai. Go away.

Lol

You're "that guy" to a T. Never lost an argument in your life have you?

You know nothing about Muay Thai. Go away.
I will take that as you waving the white flag.

The Muhammad Ali example was an embodiment of you to a T.

You would go on and argue that Ali isn't the best and completely ignore the main premise.

It's because kickboxing isn't MMA. The topic is MT techniques in MMA. Not MMA fighter in kickboxing.
You resorted to splitting hairs now.

The primary difference between MT and kickboxing is just the clinch and elbows.

Buakaw is both a great MT fighter and a kickboxer.

You resorted to picking hairs now.

The primary difference between MT and kickboxing is just the clinch and elbows.

Buakaw is both a great MT fighter and a kickboxer.

Yes, Buakaw is both a great MT fighter and a kickboxer.

But Buakaw isn't an MMA figther.

The topic is about MT techniques in MMA fights. Not Buakaw in MMA fights.

Yes, Buakaw is both a great MT fighter and a kickboxer.

But Buakaw isn't an MMA figther.

The topic is about MT techniques in MMA fights. Not Buakaw in MMA fights.
No shit the topic isn't about Buakaw in MMA fights, nobody is talking about Buakaw in MMA fights other then you.

I provided a video of a mma fighter holding his own under kickboxing rules against the MT legend Buakaw.

This alone is an indication that MMA striking isn't nearly as bad or "sad" as OP wants to make it seem.

I will take that as you waving the white flag.

The Muhammad Ali example was an embodiment of you to a T.

You would go on and argue that Ali isn't the best and completely ignore the main premise.

Well, I didn't bother to read it closely at first because it's hard to understand. It would be sad if English is your first language.

Buakaw is not to Muay Thai what Ali is to boxing. Not close.

And most real boxing people don't consider Ali the greatest.

You don't know shit about boxing or Muay Thai. Go away.

No shit the topic isn't about Buakaw in MMA fights, nobody is talking about Buakaw in MMA fights other then you.

I provided a video of a mma fighter holding his own under kickboxing rules against the MT legend Buakaw.

This alone is an indication that MMA striking isn't nearly as bad or "sad" as OP wants to make it seem.

So you think it's rational to use an example in kickboxing to prove a point in MMA?

Back