S--t you hate in video games.....

PVP games that don’t show KDR or deaths/losses

In the new COD it doesn’t show your deaths until the end of the match in Team DEATHMATCH yet shows you your deaths during Domination. Wtf?

Constant online connection "required" for a single player game; fuck off with that bullshit. Closely related, gigantic patches/updates.
Yep. My cable got cut a few years ago (dude cut mine off instead of my neighbors who had moved). I couldn't even watch a dvd on my ps4 without an online connection.

I've just finished the new COD:MW and I'm pretty pissed that if I want to continu playing it's only possible with a friend? So no more solo play.. wtf?!

I've just finished the new COD:MW and I'm pretty pissed that if I want to continu playing it's only possible with a friend? So no more solo play.. wtf?!
Co-op gated content can be a bind, agreed, especially in the absence of MM so options are to invite (friend list) or otherwise LFG over Discord or whatnot. The last thing I do before settling on a title is figuring which of my friends are playing it at that very moment…

<JagsKiddingMe>

As a FPS player its the ARMA series players who think every FPS game needs to be a realistic simulation from mechanics to balance. Funniest part is that individually they are the worst aimers.

I think my biggest pet peeve lately is action/FPS games turning every level into a puzzle.

I tried playing the new Doom game level and they took the "hit the switch to open the door" meta to a whole new level.

Don't get me wrong, puzzle games don't bother me, but when you have to duck through an entrance that takes 40 minutes to find and shoot at objects that don't prompt you in any way whatsoever? That's just difficulty for the sake of difficulty.

Games with no fucking jump button.
God of War Im looking at you.
Just started Days Gone and I cant jump in it either. WTF

I'm pretty sure someone already said that but the biggest effed up fuck in video games is dying and respawning right before the cut scene again as punishment.

All people who finished God of War agree with me. (Well, except Sherdoggers, Sherdoggers finish GoW unscathed.)

I'm pretty sure someone already said that but the biggest effed up fuck in video games is dying and respawning right before the cut scene again as punishment.
Lorian and Lothric, a'hem…

cc: @jojoRed, @Dizzy

Man, there this one bitch of a boss near the tail end of FFX, that comes after an unskippable 10-15 minute cut scene. The boss isn't only tough, but tricky, because you have to have a certain item equipped on your characters to avoid this one curse attack it has that can obliterate your party if you're not prepared. It doesn't use it until it's final form too. So, you watch this ridiculously long cut scene, get into a long ass boss battle that teases you into thinking you're doing well, only to get screwed by the final form of the boss with an attack you couldn't possibly have known was coming and prepare for. Die and reload.

Then it hits you that the save came before the cut scene, and have to watch the whole damn thing again, before facing the boss again, that isn't a cakewalk even if you are prepared.

Yeah, power off. Remove disc. Rage cry.

Weak weapon sounds. I like guns to sound and feel powerful when firing them.

Shoddy mechanics in platformers or platforming sections.

Weak weapon sounds. I like guns to sound and feel powerful when firing them.

Shoddy mechanics in platformers or platforming sections.
"You had one job, to make a ledge a ledge!"

You can still get it, just not public lobbies

There's another where BasicallyIDoWrk, aka real name Marcel... who is black... yells white power in a lobby.

Time stamped to right before he yells it

Last edited:

All people who finished God of War agree with me. (Well, except Sherdoggers, Sherdoggers finish GoW unscathed.)
Faaak I hate that. There should always be a save point near a boss battle, and if there's a cut scene, let us skip it

Long runs to a boss is incredibly annoying too.

Dark Souls is the worst for that. We can easily run past enemies most of the time, so why even bother having such a long dash to a boss. Maybe for some special side bosses that could even require coop, like in DS 2 (Blue Smelter Demon), but not to advance the story.

Another big pet peeve of mine are poor indicators for enemy attacks. That's something Dark Souls does very right, but games like God of War don't.

What's even more egregious about God of War having bad enemy attack indicators, is the poor viewing angle (field of view).

Either give me camera options, or FOV sliders, in every game!!!

Last edited:
Also the fact that the main character has to do everything.

Of course it has to be but dont make it so obvious

I remember in cod 4 it was always like

RAMIREZ DO THIS!

RAMIREZ ASSAULT THE MACHINE GUN BUNKER WITH A KNIFE!

RAMIREZ STOP THE ALIEN INVASION WHILE I AND REST OF THE NPCS DONT DO SHIT

Back