News Ryan Hall goes in for his 10th Surgery

Retirement wouldn’t be a bad idea. Too many injuries, prime is phasing out, and his performance against Topuria was hard to watch. I get he’s one dimensional and has a strict “go to” game plan, but lazily trying the same attempt over and over in the most predictably slow way made the finish inevitable. Can’t even give Topuria that much credit for it tbh.

A shame because he’s exceptional at that one dimension, and his post fight shrug gives me a chuckle. Wish him well either way.

There are exceptions to the rule, but for many folks decades of BJJ will ruin your body.

I can't count the number of long time grapplers I know that had neck or spine surgery. When you add in damaged knees and shoulders, surgery as an outcome is almost ubiquitous in the long run.

Ryan is coming up on 38 with decades of mileage, he should retire from competition across the board

What I've noticed is it always seems to be guys like this. None of the big guys I know who've been doing BJJ for a long time have these issues. They also aren't competitive (hobbyist) so I know that also helps. I forgot who but one of the top BJJ guys said if he could do anything different in his career it's not rolling with people who are to big. I've been trying to follow that same philosophy. I avoid the big dudes. Not 100% of the time but for the most part I hardly roll with them.

Just brutal. Hate to be the one to say this, because I think Ryan is a good human being, but he should retire from MMA imo.

Dude has been injured more than Cain, Dom, and TJ combined.
Definitely not worth the small paydays I'm sure he's been receiving, plus he's not exactly a spring chicken.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jeremy-Horn-202

Dam the years this guy fought..
Jeremy Horn...92 wins 22 loses
He beat Chuck Liddell...been fighting since 1996 till 2020....
that dude on the street will beat most dudes till he is 65

haha <45> go to 16:58 - 17:20 at the end of the fight...the funniest thing is the commentators..they are like. side was on Chuck Liddell side WHEN the Bell Rings..[ I'm like wtf ...Liddell is out dummies] ...then the other says its over here looks like the ref is going to stop it here....duh..dude the bell stopped the fight not the ref...wtf?!? ...do you know what a dead man looks like? he was chocked out and you thought the ref decided to stop it when the ref was too late by a country mile ...cause you guys dont know what an incapacitated person looks like...too funny...just ....GOLD

Last edited:

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jeremy-Horn-202

Dam the years this guy fought..
Jeremy Horn...92 wins 22 loses
He beat Chuck Liddell...been fighting since 1996 till 2020....
that dude on the street will beat most dudes till he is 65

haha <45> go to 16:58 - 17:20 at the end of the fight...the funniest thing is the commentators..they are like. side was on Chuck Liddell side WHEN the Bell Rings..[ I'm like wtf ...Liddell is out dummies] ...then the other says its over here looks like the ref is going to stop it here....duh..dude the bell stopped the fight not the ref...wtf?!? ...do you know what a dead man looks like? he was chocked out and you thought the ref decided to stop it when the ref was too late by a country mile ...cause you guys dont know what an incapacitated person looks like...too funny...just ....GOLD

Ummmm...what?

He’s shrugging cause he knows he was lucky not to be knocked out. Even a woman like cris cyborg or Fallon fox could knock out hall. Upper echelon ground game though
Bro, tbh, as enhanced Cyborg is, wouldn't be surprised if she could KO 25% of the male population.<45>

And Fallon Fox IS a man.;)

I'll always be grateful to Topuria for sending him to the shadow realm. But I wouldn't wish this type of misfortune on anyone. Hopefully this is the last of his surgery journey.

I'm wondering what any of this has to do with Ryan Hall lol.
lol oh sorry bro......ok...I know you're a cool dude that why I was not sure what got lost.....the post for Ryan hall in another thread was his career in fights and about needing to quit...ok so I thought nah, I know someone better........I posted Jeremey Horn who has been fighting since 1996 to 2020...I mean the dude has 92 wins and 22 loses in MMA fights.....He is one I can think of who fought too long.....I posted his good win against Chuck Liddell in that Ryan Hall post....I forgot how bad the commentary was.. and I was laughing my ass off....so I made a threat about how bad the commentary was . Thats how I went from Ryan Hall to Jermey Horns fight against Chuck Liddell...to wanting to post about this bad commentary ...16:58 to 17:20.

lol oh sorry bro......ok...I know you're a cool dude that why I was not sure what got lost.....the post for Ryan hall in another thread was his career in fights and about needing to quit...ok so I thought nah, I know someone better........I posted Jeremey Horn who has been fighting since 1996 to 2020...I mean the dude has 92 wins and 22 loses in MMA fights.....He is one I can think of who fought too long.....I posted his good win against Chuck Liddell in that Ryan Hall post....I forgot how bad the commentary was.. and I was laughing my ass off....so I made a threat about how bad the commentary was . Thats how I went from Ryan Hall to Jermey Horns fight against Chuck Liddell...to wanting to post about this bad commentary ...16:58 to 17:20.
It is pretty insane Jeremy had 120 fights. 120 fights/24years=5 fights per year, for 24 years. What an insane fight schedule. Basically every 2 1/3 months has a fight.

Andy want is a fukin warrior bruhView attachment 955784[/QUOTE
It is pretty insane Jeremy had 120 fights. 120 fights/24years=5 fights per year, for 24 years. What an insane fight schedule. Basically every 2 1/3 months has a fight.

You have to be a bad dude...to fight like that...sure he was not in UFC for long...but, I always knew how dangerous this guy was..If someone decides to fight him when he is 65 off the street...Jeremey is winning....he is so skilled it's crazy....and I was always amazed by him, his loses happened but he was so consistent that fighting was very fluid to him when you watched him lose he still had this way about him that made you think he could have won or pulled it off for the most part.... A better way to say it,.....He had this way or rhythm about him that was different that blew away his fear in fighting and you could tell he was very very comfortable in the cage which is why ....he had 92 wins with 22 loses....he pretty much master fighting imo...because although not the best at it, he was the best at it with his own abilities and weakness...imo of course...from what I seen from him. If my son wanted a trainer that I could pick, I would pick Jeremey Horn.

Back