Ryan Hall gets his Brown

ryan hall has nice jiu jitsu
i love that upside down guard even though i can't do it

the funny thing is nobody thinks it's early even though he's only been training for less than 4 years.

I agree that it's perfect timing, but it does seem overdue because of the amount of tournaments he's dominated as a purple belt both gi and no-gi.

at brown ryan will have more weapons at his disposal and may be an even greater threat in the gi than he was at purple.

He can do more legs locks from the inverted guard is what Mikey is saying....right?

Very much deserved, this guy has dedicated his life to training/teaching bjj.

i think its not 'long' overdue, but definitely due. look at kron.. everyone said his black was insanely long overdue, then what happened to him at the mundials his first match?

i think its not 'long' overdue, but definitely due. look at kron.. everyone said his black was insanely long overdue, then what happened to him at the mundials his first match?

Well I don't expect anyone to get promoted to black belt and like a month later win the mundials as a black belt. Sure it has been done but it's not expected.

Ryan is progressing at the proper rate to be a solid BJJer.

Congrats to him and his team who is building his skills.

Took me 8 years to get my Brown from Cesar. You guys gotta be more patient, BJJ is the last honest thing that has not sold out.

I will bet Ryan is stoked, and I bet he sticks with it till he is a top competitor.

congrats to Ryan, and I can't wait to see how he does at brown.

He lost to the guy who won the division.

the funny thing is nobody thinks it's early even though he's only been training for less than 4 years.

I agree that it's perfect timing, but it does seem overdue because of the amount of tournaments he's dominated as a purple belt both gi and no-gi.

at brown ryan will have more weapons at his disposal and may be an even greater threat in the gi than he was at purple.

i no longer care how many threads are started, lauding every move ryan hall makes. in fact i applaud it since it will help his bjj career, and, well since i've never herd a bad thing said about the guy, more power to him. the only thing i'd like clarified once and for all is how long he's been training. just a solid number that can be referenced when explaining how good he is.

he's like sonny liston in this respect, some say sonny was born in 1932, some say ata the begining of 1930 and other's have said 1929. hell his own mother kept changing her mind on when he was born. so one of you guys whose a fan of mr. halls, i implore you to figure it out once and for all.

Back