Ryan Hall gets his Brown

I wonder who will give Ryan his stripes and his black now?

All I know is he's cool as hell, super nice guy. His seminar was awesome. Hopefully sometime I can go train with him for a month, if I can find a 4-6week place to stay in Virginia near his place.
Thinking about doing the same.

Has ryan competed at brown belt level yet? I havent heard much about him recently besides his split with Lloyed irvin, by the way where is he training now?

Ryan underwent a series of surgeries towards the end of last year that have prevented him from being able to compete until now. He's signed up for Featherweight in the NY Open next weekend, and he's fighting for Brasa.

i think its not 'long' overdue, but definitely due. look at kron.. everyone said his black was insanely long overdue, then what happened to him at the mundials his first match?

What are you talking about man. Kron lost to the guy that won the whole thing. Kron would dominate 99.95% of all black belts- yet he's not the best in the world so his promotion wasn't overdue?

Has ryan competed at brown belt level yet? I havent heard much about him recently besides his split with Lloyed irvin, by the way where is he training now?

Where have you been? Lol! He had a bunch of surgeries last fall. He only competed a couple times after receiving his brown belt before his surgeries. His first tournament back is a submission only tournament tomorrow in WV. He is registered for the NY Open next weekend too.

*edit* just saw that Mikey Triangles already responded to this, oops.

Ryan underwent a series of surgeries towards the end of last year that have prevented him from being able to compete until now. He's signed up for Featherweight in the NY Open next weekend, and he's fighting for Brasa.

RYan Hall to brasa?!? OH YEA!

Where have you been? Lol! He had a bunch of surgeries last fall. He only competed a couple times after receiving his brown belt before his surgeries. His first tournament back is a submission only tournament tomorrow in WV. He is registered for the NY Open next weekend too.

*edit* just saw that Mikey Triangles already responded to this, oops.

any info on the affiliation with Brasa? Who is he in contact with and how did it happen? Very interesting but cool info. Random to go to brasa too...i would have thought maybe alliance or check mat.

any info on the affiliation with Brasa? Who is he in contact with and how did it happen? Very interesting but cool info. Random to go to brasa too...i would have thought maybe alliance or check mat.

isnt brasa and check mat is the same team?:confused::confused:

isnt brasa and check mat is the same team?:confused::confused:

Check Mat (Leo, Ricardo Viera) split from Brasa and took a bunch of their students with them IIRC. CheckMat is just BJJ though. Brasa does both BJJ and MMA so maybe that's the direction Ryan is going in.

who is heading brasa now and who is left from the top guys?

who is heading brasa now and who is left from the top guys?

I am guessing it's Demian Maia, Felipe Costa, Comprido, Drydale and Jacare.

Galvao decided to go to ATOS with Ramon Lemos, the Mendes Brothers and Bruno Frazzatto.

The Vierra Bros are the heads of CheckMat but it seems like a portion (not sure how many) of other name Brasa instructors moved over to CheckMat too following thier master/freind.

ryans affiliation with brasa is likely through bruno frazzato, who is a high level blackbelt that has trained with ryan

I am guessing it's Demian Maia, Felipe Costa, Comprido, Drydale and Jacare.

Galvao decided to go to ATOS with Ramon Lemos, the Mendes Brothers and Bruno Frazzatto.

The Vierra Bros are the heads of CheckMat but it seems like a portion (not sure how many) of other name Brasa instructors moved over to CheckMat too following thier master/freind.

yeah I guess so...most of those guys arent even doing much bjj anymore though. thats why i thought it was curious he chose brasa.

thanks for the info spoonman. i didnt know he had trained with bruno before. Either way, its really cool and I'm happy for him. I was just curious.

yeah I guess so...most of those guys arent even doing much bjj anymore though. thats why i thought it was curious he chose brasa.

Yeah I agree which is why i said he might go into MMA. Maybe he's thinking about trying to get on TUF or something.

Toe-Holds and Kneebars are now legal, and they are very popular submissions from the inverted spider guard as mentioned

Hi,

Sorry i'm a little bit off topic, but can you give me some infos (dvd, book, instructional) about the inverted spider guard?

I'm a leg lock freak, so i'm intersted in this guard.

Thx,

Yeah I agree which is why i said he might go into MMA. Maybe he's thinking about trying to get on TUF or something.

yeah my instructor said the same thing; that maybe ryan wants to go into mma. i dont think his game is right for it, but then again I said the same thing about andre.

Check Mat (Leo, Ricardo Viera) split from Brasa and took a bunch of their students with them IIRC. CheckMat is just BJJ though. Brasa does both BJJ and MMA so maybe that's the direction Ryan is going in.

I honestly cannot see Ryan competing in MMA. lol@ Ryan buttscooting then switching to inverted guard in an mma match. :icon_chee

i think its not 'long' overdue, but definitely due. look at kron.. everyone said his black was insanely long overdue, then what happened to him at the mundials his first match?

So many people bring this up but it was one match! against a guy who smashed everyone in the division..

He's done well at black belt since so kind of a moot point

Back