Rustam Khabilov's Suplex Greatest In UFC History? (With GIF) AND ANOTHER SICK SUPLEX!

chael rolled with it a bit, and was not that high, not as bad in my opinion.

9981b047_anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12_preview.gif

CRUUUUUUUUUUUZ

Cruz-Vs-Johnson-Suplex.gif

11.gif

i not sure about this, the guy almost hit his head as hard as his opponents,
any comments from the suplex experts here ??
plus he did not have the opponent really locked up so he was able to cushion the
suplex.

Fair enough but to say they are starting to dominate is a bit inaccurate, the Brazilians, Americans & Canadians still have the absolute lion-share of MMA prospects and fighters in all weight classes, whereas the Russians, Japanese & Koreans only really seem to be fielding prospects in the lower weight classes.

There is only one weight division above 205 in all the major MMA promotions. If all the below divisions were littered with talented up and coming Russians, you could say that MMA was dominated by Russians. I was merely saying "Prepare yourselves! The Russians are coming!"

Obligatory...

20rqjm.jpg

Obviously not UFC but still legendary:

Randleplex.+Ouch.+Fedor+vs+randleman+Fedor+went+on+to+win_0913d5_3897054.gif

the first has to be one of the most effective suplexes I've seen without much risk for
the guy doing it.
this is suplex that I would do on the street if the opportunity presented itself in self defense.

Frank Shamrock on Igoe Zinovievz.

/thread.

Thought Igor was dead when it happened. And Frank should be in the UFC hall of fame.

7:48 for perfect technique

note the defendant is doing a perfect roll in the demo, which would less
the impact of the suplex.
important to note all the examples here, the guys getting suplexed are rolling and thus
minimizing the damage. I am surprised not one guy tried to lock the leg, maybe the speed
of the throws makes it a problem ??

Last edited:
I'm not GIF type guy ... But I'm sure I recall Frank Shamrock ending Igor Zinoviev's career with a suplex.Znoviev had recently defeated Mario Sperry and was one of the top guys at the time.

Great debut for him.

Frank Shamrock on Igoe Zinovievz.

/thread.

Thought Igor was dead when it happened. And Frank should be in the UFC hall of fame.

This is what I get for not reading the whole thread prior to posting. I agree. And the fact Shamrock isn't in te HOF is a detriment to the sport. Basically if you're not friends with Dana the wannabe fighter; there's a good chance you won't be in the UFC private club HOF.

Exactly like Saadulaev/Tokoro, overhook on the side they're suplexing so that their opponent can't defend his head from the suplex/slam.

tokoroko.gif

The ref is so bad in this is is actually funny. The guy is clearly out, but the ref is like, ''Better get one more in there" Then the fighter is like, 'NOW??????????????'

i think the opponent was semi conscious and had his arm trapped, which was what it
made the last one so dangerous.
i am wondering about any shoulder damage too

This. Trapping the arm is brilliant technique. No chance for the fighter to break their fall. They're taking all of it on the shoulder or the head.

Its either Khalibov or Severn in my opinion. Khalibov ko'd his opponent with it, and also was not alot larger man like Severn was. I would say Khalibovs suplex were the greatest in ufc history.

i not sure about this, the guy almost hit his head as hard as his opponents,
any comments from the suplex experts here ??
plus he did not have the opponent really locked up so he was able to cushion the
suplex.

great technique displayed bu cruz in the gif. Knees at 90 degrees, full back arch, and spins our of it.
The opponents absorbs most of the damage.

Back