• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russia vs. Ukraine Combat Megathread vol.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait until i deploy my package of sanctions i'm actually preparing with my fellow Mayberry lounge forum representative and kickboxing/ufc forum representative, he will have to choice but to give up !

Should be petition to have Putins honorary sherdog black belt poster title removed?

He fucking invaded his peaceful neighbour for a power grab, he's threatening to nuke anyone that assists them and has turned most of the world against Russia. They are sitting down but Zelensky is insisting he wants NATO membership now, this instance because of what Putin has done. You admiring his intelligence and brilliance as a strongman dictator seems pretty misguided to me because he's just forcing Russia into a hole and forcing Ukraine into NATO.
I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

If a smart person does something you don't understand it's very possible that maybe...
<Y2JSmirk>
I fully understand what he has done, it seems you don't. We'll find out won't we? Trump thinks he's a genius too lol

People don’t realize, but Putin is extremely well prepared for this to last for years, if need be. He has been preparing for this for a decade or more, almost single-mindedly. Westerners don’t get it. He sees it almost like fulfillment of prophesy. It isn’t a war of simple pragmatism. He is a true believer and will incur almost any cost to win, which is what makes this so terrifying.
No mate, Putin and Russia are getting their asses handed to them by the Ukranian Army and the West. Russian economy has now been destroyed. Russia is now on par with North Korea. The Russian people are turning against Putin. Opposition to Putin both from home and abroad. Who is running the Russian show on the ground in the Ukraine? That guy needs to be fired and replaced. The mighty Russian Army is taking a beating from some 3rd world country. They have absolutely fumbled this whole invasion in the Ukraine. I never thought I would see that in my lifetime. I was wrong about the quality and strength of the Russian military. Their numbers are not counting for shit. How do you go from defeating the French (Napolean) and German (Hitler) Armies to this? I think North Korea would be a worst threat at this point. Has the Russian Army been told not to kill civilians in the Ukraine? Have they been told not to destroy major cities? The Russian military keeps hesitating. What are they waiting for? They are getting weaker and disorganized by the day as the Ukranian Army and resistance is getting stronger by the day.
Make no mistake, Putin is a historical evil on par with a Napoleon or Hitler.
Ok, Napolean had nothing in common with Hitler. I think you meant to say Stalin and Mao. Napolean did a lot of good for France and was a brilliant war strategist. Manlets in power are a dangerous thing.

does arming citizens with rifles and molotovs make them legitimate targets of the enemy? you can argue that there are no legitimate targets in an illegitimate invasion, but war by definition involves illegitimate invasions.

It makes them "combatants" Good luck explaining that way in the aftermath though. Seems war crimes are pretty much useless anyways. Russians are blowing innocent civilians up as well, mise well go with a fight yeah?

People don’t realize, but Putin is extremely well prepared for this to last for years, if need be. He has been preparing for this for a decade or more, almost single-mindedly. Westerners don’t get it. He sees it almost like fulfillment of prophesy. It isn’t a war of simple pragmatism. He is a true believer and will incur almost any cost to win, which is what makes this so terrifying.

He has essentially turned Russia into an ark. They are sitting on a huge pile of foreign currency and gold. He has sanction-proofed Russia (almost). Russia is food and fuel secure. He has a powerful security state able to crush dissent. Their is no dissenting media. That help he has been giving to Syria, Belarus, and Kazahkstan? It was largely to cultivate indebted “allies.”
He has no qualms with killing huge numbers of civilians, and has no problem with his citizenry suffering.

This will get very, very ugly. If we want Ukraine to win, the West will need to sacrifice. I don’t know if we are prepared for that. Ultimately, we will have to sanction all Russian oil and gas exports (Putin’s only source of fresh foreign currency). This would almost certainly cripple Russia’s ability to wage a prolonged war. But it would crush the economy. Putin’s real “gamble” is assuming that the West will not endure that cost. If we did, we would likely see the end of Vlad Putin. The Russian people would suffer greatly.

As far as what we are seeing militarily; Putin is engaging in incremental war. He’s throwing his junk and schlubs initially to absorb munitions. He wants to achieve his objective with as little damage as possible. He will continue to escalate as necessary. It hurts me to think of what will come for Ukraine, the home of many of my friends. I foresee destruction of utilities and communications in the future and deliberate targeting of civilians.

Make no mistake, Putin is a historical evil on par with a Napoleon, a Hitler. In my opinion, he must be destroyed one way or the other. And I think he will be, if I had to predict. I believe we will see the end of Lukashenko in Belarus as well.
This is a great post.
Putin is not on par with Hiter at all, but a great post nonetheless.

You don't.
scaring-scared.gif

No mate, Putin and Russia are getting their asses handed to them by the Ukranian Army and the West. Russian economy has now been destroyed. Russia is now on par with North Korea. The Russian people are turning against Putin. Opposition to Putin both from home and abroad. Who is running the Russian show on the ground in the Ukraine? That guy needs to be fired and replaced. The mighty Russian Army is taking a beating from some 3rd world country. They have absolutely fumbled this whole invasion in the Ukraine. I never thought I would see that in my lifetime. I was wrong about the quality and strength of the Russian military. Their numbers are not counting for shit. How do you go from defeating the French (Napolean) and German (Hitler) Armies to this? I think North Korea would be a worst threat at this point. Has the Russian Army been told not to kill civilians in the Ukraine? Have they been told not to destroy major cities? The Russian military keeps hesitating. What are they waiting for? They are getting weaker and disorganized by the day as the Ukranian Army and resistance is getting stronger by the day.

Ok, Napolean had nothing in common with Hitler. I think you meant to say Stalin and Mao. Napolean did a lot of good for France and was a brilliant war strategist. Manlets in power are a dangerous thing.
You’re watching too much American war movies , calm down , you cannot nuke a country that you want to take over like this. It would actually get worst by doing so

This is the official Ukrainian National Guard bragging about having a Neo Nazi militia on the government dime. This is not "LITERAL RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA"

NHBVuEE.png

Ukraine's National Guard is not some random militia. Ukraine has had Neo-Nazi issues within their government for decades and the party who pulled off the coup in 2014 were, by many accounts, Neo Nazi sympathists. This does not apply to Zelensky or his government.

150px-AZOV_logo.svg.png

You guys have to stop with this "Everything that would ever make Ukraine look bad is RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA" stuff. Why can't we just say "Nazis bad"? What's so hard about that? Why are some Nazis the good guys? Stop. Grow up.

We are defending the nazi's as much as you are defending the Rebels in Eastern Ukraine. The same ones that blew up an commercial airliner and killed 200+ people. Neither of them are good or worth defending.

It makes them "combatants" Good luck explaining that way in the aftermath though. Seems war crimes are pretty much useless anyways. Russians are blowing innocent civilians up as well, mise well go with a fight yeah?
United states military droned 12 kids a couple months ago.
Hate to break it to you: no one in the international community actually cares.

He fucking invaded his peaceful neighbour for a power grab, he's threatening to nuke anyone that assists them and has turned most of the world against Russia. They are sitting down but Zelensky is insisting he wants NATO membership now, this instance because of what Putin has done. You admiring his intelligence and brilliance as a strongman dictator seems pretty misguided to me because he's just forcing Russia into a hole and forcing Ukraine into NATO.

Not only is he forcing Ukraine into NATO, multiple European nations are now pushing for membership, Kosovo is demanding a permanent military base, Germany has massively upscaled it's armed forces, and his Russian army that is outnumbered 3.5-1 by NATO without any new additions is also out-gunned 3-to-1 in terms of nuclear weaponry, all of which will be covertly trained on all the major Russian cities, save maybe the far-flung Pacific-side cities, but then again, maybe them too.

His economy is getting pumped, the normal citizen is worried about their money (this is documented), the oligarchs are up in arms, even the celebrities on TV are moaning about their precious Italian villas, Abramovich isn't allowed his football club, the sporting world has unanimously (save the UFC) turned it's back on Russia, the armed forces are allegedly suffering morale issues...

Not ONE single Russian person is winning at this moment in time, even if they aren't losing the battle.

This goes two ways in terms of the Russians, one, it's us vs the world, we'll ride this out, or two, fuck this, Putin out.

Putin's enemy in Ukraine is now considered a hero worldwide, with very few nations excepted, so even PR-wise this is a disaster.

And it's all because Putin underestimated the tenaciousness of Ukrainians, and the absolute outrage of countries literally all around the globe.

To even pretend to admire Putin at this point is pretty dumb.

We are defending the nazi's as much as you are defending the Rebels in Eastern Ukraine. The same ones that blew up an commercial airliner and killed 200+ people. Neither of them are good or worth defending.
That guy was literally saying it was "Russian Propaganda" that there were state-sponsored Ukrainian Nazis in the military.
You guys can't even admit that's the case. It just becomes "But but but but". You can admit you don't know much about the situation and are emotional about it, it's okay, I just don't think the country you're supporting, the same one I am supporting, is some peaceful little lamb and their assailants are literally satan.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

I know you're engaged with more meaningful topics lad but the Ukrainian lass likes Egyptian fellas and would love to know how balding you are?

Just lowering the tone!

I don't think it's going against the plan. I think the military officers knew it's a long distance run, it was ordinary pro-Putin people in the internet trash talking "2 hours to Kiev, 10 hours the whole of Ukraine"

What has gone against their expectation I believe is the reaction of the regular ukrainians. It's the casual 'fuck politics' dude reacting bad on the invasion and going to 'fuck Putin' mood in an instant.

I am dubious of the claims it's a disaster for the Russians. People are eager to just on any word of Ukrainian success as seen by them gobbling up the ghost of Kiev nonsense. It's not hard to see photos of apparant Russian loses posted, only to find the same images captioned as Ukrainian loses. The fact is propaganda from both everyone is flowing so for people watching its damn hard to see whats actually going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back