• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russia v. Ukraine Conflict Megathread Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the Ukrainians must've asked everyone to stop mispronouncing the name of their capital, and the rest of the world was happy to comply.

Same thing happened a while ago when Iran asked everyone to stop calling them Persia, and when the Chinese told everyone that the preferred Romanization of their capital was Beijing and not Pekin.

Sometimes it doesn't take though. The Czechs asked everyone a few years ago to call their country Czechia instead of Czech Republic, but it hasn't taken yet.

I actually just heard of Czechia recently so I had to look it up and I’m like “oh ok, Czech Republic”

Putin's a dead man. He made a bad gamble that he could take Ukraine easily and it backfired, and now that he's jabbering about nukes, the oligarchs still there can't leave, and the rest of the Europe wouldn't let them land anyway, their stashed money is gonna get clipped.

Putin's only had as much power as he's had because the oligarchs let him. Once he's a liability for them, he'll be found hanging somewhere.

Um, yeah, military age guys are expected to stay and fight. Klitschkos, Loma, members of parliament, Usyk, effing beauty queens are grabbing guns and defending their country, and those pussies are trying to flee with women and children?

Then what? The city has 3 million people who are now pretty much all armed and the whole city is high ground.

Good luck occupying a city that doesn't want to be occupied, with 3 million armed citizens with high ground.

Lol, imagine injecting your pathetic "oh yeah, it would be worse if Grumpf was president".

You voted for a dog shit old man who's fucked up everything he's touched for over a year straight, removed our energy leverage, fucked our inflation, embarrassed the military and tried to antagonize and tough talk a nuclear power from about the weakest position the country's been in for decades.

This is my optimistic view.

Putin doesn't rule Russia. The oligarchs do, behind the scenes, like most countries. They're already being hit hard, where it matters to them.....the pocket.

I reckon Putin is killed within the next few weeks, from within Russia.

One bright side of this is its given the queenb account something different to post about

And of all the endless tweets posted, @Queen B's have actually been some of the best and most intriguing. Respect.
This is tragic, just because one man went crazy, the whole western world is in turmoil.

Nah, this is a springboard towards nationalism and rejuvenation. It has been galvanized. My eyes damn near got watery seeing Germany throw down a $100 billion euros on their armed forces this morning.

I believe the Ukrainians must've asked everyone to stop mispronouncing the name of their capital, and the rest of the world was happy to comply.

Same thing happened a while ago when Iran asked everyone to stop calling them Persia, and when the Chinese told everyone that the preferred Romanization of their capital was Beijing and not Pekin.

Sometimes it doesn't take though. The Czechs asked everyone a few years ago to call their country Czechia instead of Czech Republic, but it hasn't taken yet.
ahhh I see. I just saw Czechia and and I think Slovchia on a map yesterday.

Dunno, but I'm starting to freak out a bit
<escalate99>

Nah...

We're nowhere near the freak out stage yet. Take it from an old-head retired military man.

OIP.zhylyDxJnvcT6rLsdhjMLQHaJT

I read that too. But then other commenters insisted that's not at all what a thermobaric explosion looks like. I have no idea.

There are three large ammunition depots in the Cherkasy region. One aviation, two with the nomenclature for cannon and rocket artillery. Minus one.

It's still being mispronounced.

Wait until you find out how Moscow and Warsaw are actually pronounced btw. Nevermind virtually every other region like Crimea (Krym), Krakow, and so on.

And of all the endless tweets posted, @Queen B's have actually been some of the best and most intriguing. Respect.

Nah, this is a springboard towards nationalism and rejuvenation. It has been galvanized. My eyes damn near got watery seeing Germany throw down a $100 billion euros on their armed forces this morning.

Agree, I have actually found @Queen B to be a solid contributor in this thread. Never thought I'd say that but...it is what it is.

If Russia started to advance into NATO territory, they wouldn't steamroll shit. The US would scramble our assets and our air and navy superiority would wreck them. They do have a strong military, but as we say in MMA...there are levels to this. The US military is scattered to a degree, but we also literally spend over 10x what Russia does annually on our military. If NATO was attacked, in conventional war the EU+America would curb stomp the Russians.

I think you guys spent $1,600 billion last year actually, compared to $50 billion in Russia haha. The American military machine is truly something else.

NATO isn't going to war though, which is why not a single member has put boots on the ground. And people continue to underestimate Russian military might, or its actions would have already been squashed with the threat of force, or the current lending of support. Don't get me wrong, I'm not tooting Putin's horn, but everyone resting on they can end Russia with force anytime they cross the line is bonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.