• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russia v. Ukraine Conflict Megathread Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any idea why my entire life i've called it Kiev(key-ev) and seen it spelled that way and all of a sudden every single time I see it it is spelled Kyiv and pronounced (Keev)? How does that happen did everyone at the same time realise that they were saying and spelling it wrong?

I believe the Ukrainians must've asked everyone to stop mispronouncing the name of their capital, and the rest of the world was happy to comply.

Same thing happened a while ago when Iran asked everyone to stop calling them Persia, and when the Chinese told everyone that the preferred Romanization of their capital was Beijing and not Pekin.

Sometimes it doesn't take though. The Czechs asked everyone a few years ago to call their country Czechia instead of Czech Republic, but it hasn't taken yet.

Readying nukes is simply political discourse - you go to the next stage in discussions. Obviously nobody is using them.

Russia has probably the second or third most powerful army on the planet, and it's landlocked with the EU. It could steamroll the Ukraine (and probably most of the EU tbh) whenever it wants to, sadly, this is the Russian version of diplomacy.

"France tells its citizens to leave Russia

France has "strongly recommended" that any of its citizens currently in Russia leave "without delay".

It comes after the European Union announced that it was closing its entire airspace to Russian aircraft.

A statement on the website of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs reads: "Due to the increasing restrictions on air traffic between Russia and Europe, it is strongly recommended that French people passing through Russia (tourists, visitors, students, professionals on mission) make arrangements to leave the country without delay by existing air links."

It also advised citizens to postpone any upcoming trip to Russia."

I mean, we all like a good holiday, but come on...

If any tourists or visitors hadn't already worked this out, they probably will earn themselves a Darwin Award....

I get some people will struggle to just up and leave a country, but tourists and visitors??

I know this is a propaganda piece to boost moral, but God damn was that intense.

The Russian military will suffer significantly more than anyone would have predicted for one key reason: One side has been ordered to go to war by a leader hundreds of kilometers away, the other side is fighting for their very existence as an autonomous self directed nation.

You've got to applaud the Ukrainian people - they are not going to go down without a fight.

So, things will be going from bad to worse in 2022:
. North Korea has now managed to fit one of their nuclear bombs into a long-range missile.
. Iran will have a nuclear bomb by the end of 2022. They already have an ICBM. Israel is watching.
. China will invade Taiwan by the end of 2022.
. Coronavirus will mutate into another version of itself making the current vaccines worthless.
. Kamala Harris will become President of the United States.
. Russia takes over the Ukraine.
. World economy will take a massive tumble.
Sounds like the perfect building blocks to build back a better, united world...

Yeah.. We are hearing fighting words from all over Europe.
Putin has really pissed Europe off.
I bet he never saw this coming

Probably nobody saw that coming, although I doubt that Europeans leaders came up with this on their own rather than being motivated by the US.

This is tragic, just because one man went crazy, the whole western world is in turmoil.
I hope he gets Julias Ceasar'd soon.

Looked like that explosion from Beirut. Ammo or fuel might have been hit?

I'd go with chemicals or fuel, if the video was any longer you could definitely rule out ammo depot exploding.

Readying nukes is simply political discourse - you go to the next stage in discussions. Obviously nobody is using them.

Russia has probably the second or third most powerful army on the planet, and it's landlocked with the EU. It could steamroll the Ukraine (and probably most of the EU tbh) whenever it wants to, sadly, this is the Russian version of diplomacy.

If Russia started to advance into NATO territory, they wouldn't steamroll shit. The US would scramble our assets and our air and navy superiority would wreck them. They do have a strong military, but as we say in MMA...there are levels to this. The US military is scattered to a degree, but we also literally spend over 10x what Russia does annually on our military. If NATO was attacked, in conventional war the EU+America would curb stomp the Russians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back