• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russia v. Ukraine Conflict Megathread Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is (and that's all it is) is the truth about these oligarchs is somewhere in the middle. No, they aren't all of a sudden destitute and trying to figure out where their next bottle of Crystal is coming from.

But...

When have the uber wealthy EVER thought "Well shit...it's only a couple billion US dollars. I've still got another couple billion in my offshore accounts..." Rich people do NOT take kindly to massive hits to their net worth, even if they're still rich.
I'm sure they'll be much more upset in having to stay home. No more private flights to the most chic cities for dining and shopping.

Is there a chance there's some Ukrainian pilots capable of flying these things that just don't have fighter jets to use? I'm not saying there are...just throwing out random possibilities.

It'd be a real shame if they donated the jets but some EU allied pilots had forgotten to get out of them first.

<{1-15}>

situation is escalating rapidly.
well. EU and ECB had get number of refugees today 10:00 AM.
When they will get new numbers tomorrow approx 10:00 AM, sanctions talked today will look like peace of cake. If compare with next beauty Russia might get. Then even no SWIFT will look as peace of cake if compare with this beauty.

LOL

e1d5ac96-6137-43b4-bf3b-0cef1f9228ae

Sanctions and help should’ve came once Russia was assembling by the border. If Russia carpet bombs tonight, sanctions came too late.

Putin was going to invade anyway. If the sanctions were in place prior to invasion he would've said "Well, I MUST invade. Look at the sanctions the west has levied upon Russia for gathering forces."

Now he has no excuse to support him and "Ukraine is being run by drug Nazis" isn't going to cut it.

Is there a chance there's some Ukrainian pilots capable of flying these things that just don't have fighter jets to use? I'm not saying there are...just throwing out random possibilities.

I really have no idea, and I hope we don't find out. Things would get really ugly. What a complete shitshow this could turn into.

I love those trucks. What is that, 16 wheels? Great for winter driving in Alaska. Is that a priest in the ceremony (0:13)?
Only idiots put an ICBM on top of a truck. How stupid is that? It can be easily taken out by a missile. Russian ICBMs can fly from Moscow to any part of the world. Why do you need a truck? I'm sure both Americans and Israelis have each one of those trucks dialed in for a missile strike. So much for the truck/ICBM concept. Should have kept them underground where they belong.
You can't show them off unless you put them on top of a truck.

There might be. If they knew Russia was packing soldiers around the border months ago, they might have thought about this scenario

"Feb 27 (Reuters) - Sweden, Finland and Denmark said they were preparing to close their airspace to Russian planes on Sunday, joining a string of European countries taking this measure after Russia's invasion of Ukraine."

"Finland closing airspace to Russian traffic
Russian planes will not be able to fly over Finland."
From Finish news Yle

https://yle.fi/news/3-12335731
All of the EU closed to Russian air travel now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60539303

ok wat? Though this could easily be done by handing those aircraft simply from Polish etc. inventories.

It might be handing them from Polish stocks.

Brussels funding just means the money for it is coming from the EU organisation.

It doesn't say where these jets will come from, unless I'm misunderstanding.

People are raising valid ( I think) point that only post soviet planes are really realistic right now.

Hard to expect that Ukrainian pilots will go and learn how to fly completely different construction when war is waging around.

Poland only has a bunch of those though, lol.

Because they are complicit or can’t stop us. Nobody stands up to the USA. Russia is the first to do so in a long time. If the world doesn’t stop him, you can pretty much guarantee Taiwan will be mainland China by end of year.
I agree.

It might be handing them from Polish stocks.

Brussels funding just means the money for it is coming from the EU organisation.

It doesn't say where these jets will come from, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Fighter jets confirmed and yes, I actually went through the press conference.

This is *incredibly* tough talk from Borrell who just days ago I considered a limp wristed coward.
EU clearly thinks that Ukrainian conventional capability is not going to disappear overnight.
Putin wanted to rearrange European security, this is not what he fucking wanted.

I really have no idea, and I hope we don't find out. Things would get really ugly. What a complete shitshow this could turn into.

I don't know what the chances of a diplomatic solution are at this point, but I'm still holding out hope for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.