• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Russia Collusion Megathread v11: This Is It

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.npr.org/2017/12/04/5683...d-change-to-party-platform-on-ukraine-support

"President Trump may have been involved with a change to the Republican Party campaign platform last year that watered down support for U.S. assistance to Ukraine, according to new information from someone who was involved.

Diana Denman, a Republican delegate who supported arming U.S. allies in Ukraine, has told people that Trump aide J.D. Gordon said at the Republican Convention in 2016 that Trump directed him to support weakening that position in the official platform."

Oh Donald you simple sack of shit. We found the Quid

Last edited:
So is the impeachment today or is it better to wait until hump day, wait better yet on Friday afternoon....yes that’s the day!

https://www.politico.com/story/2017...resident-obstruct-justice-bill-clinton-278517

President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer argued Monday that, as the nominal head of federal law enforcement, the president is legally unable to obstruct justice. But the exact opposite view was once argued by another senior Trump lawyer: Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

In 1999, Sessions – then an Alabama senator – laid out an impassioned case for President Bill Clinton to be removed from office based on the argument that Clinton obstructed justice amid the investigation into his affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

“The facts are disturbing and compelling on the President's intent to obstruct justice,” he said, according to remarks in the congressional record.

Sessions isn’t alone. More than 40 current GOP members of Congress voted for the impeachment or removal of Clinton from office for obstruction of justice. They include Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell – who mounted his own passionate appeal to remove Clinton from office for obstruction of justice – Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley and Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr, who was a House member at the time.

In all, 17 sitting senators supported the obstruction of justice charge against Clinton in 1998 and 1999.

“The chief law officer of the land, whose oath of office calls on him to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, crossed the line and failed to defend the law, and, in fact, attacked the law and the rights of a fellow citizen,” Sessions said during Clinton’s trial in the Senate, two months after he was impeached by the House. “Under our Constitution, equal justice requires that he forfeit his office.”

Trump’s personal lawyer John Dowd argued in an interview with Axios on Monday that the “president cannot obstruct justice because he is the chief law enforcement officer under [the Constitution’s Article II] and has every right to express his view of any case.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017...resident-obstruct-justice-bill-clinton-278517

President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer argued Monday that, as the nominal head of federal law enforcement, the president is legally unable to obstruct justice. But the exact opposite view was once argued by another senior Trump lawyer: Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

In 1999, Sessions – then an Alabama senator – laid out an impassioned case for President Bill Clinton to be removed from office based on the argument that Clinton obstructed justice amid the investigation into his affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

“The facts are disturbing and compelling on the President's intent to obstruct justice,” he said, according to remarks in the congressional record.

Sessions isn’t alone. More than 40 current GOP members of Congress voted for the impeachment or removal of Clinton from office for obstruction of justice. They include Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell – who mounted his own passionate appeal to remove Clinton from office for obstruction of justice – Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley and Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr, who was a House member at the time.

In all, 17 sitting senators supported the obstruction of justice charge against Clinton in 1998 and 1999.

“The chief law officer of the land, whose oath of office calls on him to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, crossed the line and failed to defend the law, and, in fact, attacked the law and the rights of a fellow citizen,” Sessions said during Clinton’s trial in the Senate, two months after he was impeached by the House. “Under our Constitution, equal justice requires that he forfeit his office.”

Trump’s personal lawyer John Dowd argued in an interview with Axios on Monday that the “president cannot obstruct justice because he is the chief law enforcement officer under [the Constitution’s Article II] and has every right to express his view of any case.”
Why do so many who hold elected office appear to have no moral compass?

Dowd is playing the role of expendable scapegoat so far.

So is the impeachment today or is it better to wait until hump day, wait better yet on Friday afternoon....yes that’s the day!

With what the investigation is uncovering, and the momentum it's gaining, talk of impeachment isn't far fetched at all now. Let's see what Kushner says.

I enjoy the fact that cincymma just keeps typing "this is it" over and over again. It's much less painful than reading his actual ideas and opinions.

I enjoy the fact that cincymma just keeps typing "this is it" over and over again. It's much less painful than reading his actual ideas and opinions.

MAGA!! MAGA!!! TRUMP!!! MAGA?! MAGA?!?! I'M SURROUNDED BY SNOWFLAKES!!!
f6dcf181e425e597113fe049a63aeef3.gif

That implies he has opinions and ideas of his own.....he has shown no evidence of this

I don't even know what to say. What a colossal fucking idiot. The best.

The first headline I saw didn't mention when this occurred, so naturally I thought "ok, guessing this is just another communication that got uncovered from the campaign." Nope. Colossal fucking idiot indeed.

When this all shakes out, we'll find out that somebody sucked Trump's dick.
That will be it, for real.

The most crucial part of the investigation, whether or not Trump colluded with Russian agents during the election, is fairly narrowly tailored. Mueller was appointed more than six months ago. He's either putting the finishing touches on his case or he hasn't got one.

I initially thought the Flynn charge showed Mueller had something good. And maybe that is what it means. But I'm starting to think he's got nothing and so is using a minor obstruction charge to save face.

id point out that the only investigation even remotely comparable, Watergate, took a couple years.

Flynn hasn't been caught for anything related to the actual raison-d'etre of the investigation. There may be more process charges scattered about, which are like police arresting someone for resisting arrest.

But we're still waiting for the first charges related to collusion with the Russians. At this point I'd bet no, we won't see any such charges. I can see how I could be wrong though. Maybe Flynn really is ready to sing.

remind me what Clinton got impeached for?

Are your surprised? The same bunch of s*** heads that said you can't be elected president while under investigation are now working in this Administration. the same folks that said you don't plead the fifth if you're not guilty, right before pleading the fifth.

Power corrupts. I cannot believe they have the nerve to grab boobs and stuff then let taxpayers pay the settlement money.

Status
Not open for further replies.