Running with music

I run to cadence. Army and Marines mostly. I find the Marine cadences pump me up a little more because they are a little more intense. I think it helps with pacing too. The only downside is you might look a little odd running down the street yelling out the cadences if you're in to that sort of thing. I usually just sing in my head.

Music keeps me going on long distance runs because I can focus on something else besides the run.

If I were training for an actual competition and not just to stay in shape I would probably train without music.

That's just my view on it.

For me there is no disadvantage. During training i choose to run with music as it helps keep me going but in a race where music is not allowed it doesn't matter because the adrenaline and excitement keep me going

I listen to music if I'm jogging but not if I'm doing HIIT.

The reason I don't listen to it when doing intervals is because I can hear my breathing and adjust to it.

I used to run with music all the time but I forgot it once and found I did better at HIIT without any music.

When I run at the gym after hitting the weights I don't use any music mainly because I've been too lazy to buy that shit for the ipod. When I run in the street, no music. I only use music when I run in a treadmill at my condo.

It's useful for a distraction. Running for a while can be boring as fuck. Keeping forward is better if your mind is separated from the body. At the gym I usually pay attention to the TV and on the street I'm usually day dreaming.

run to Fedor's intro music :). Inspirational

Back