Running with music

Interesting to see everyones running M.O.
Every workout/run starts out with this song!
Has the Rocky sample in it:icon_chee
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CL-G04a639s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CL-G04a639s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I've found that I run much better with music. I kind of pysch myself out when i can hear myself breathing heavy, and the music makes it so that I can't hear that.

maybe I missed it, but why would race organizers disallow ipods/etc for their competitors?

that being said, I have a damn hard time running, or doing most any cardio without some tunes...
I blame my ADD, but I just can't keep going without it.
(and I was diagnosed ADD before it became popular, so that's not just me making excuses for being a spazz)

exceptions being when I'm mountain biking, music only helps then on the way up, on the way down, totally don't need it then
:)

as far as i know all triathlons certified by the official triathlon board do not allow mp3 players or headphones, something to do with the craziness of a triathlon and the rules probally

I listen to music because running is the most boring exercise in the world.

gives u some time to figure ureself out and think about ure day and bullshit like that, but if u going for more than 30 mins then ya it can be pretty damn boring

Interesting to see everyones running M.O.
Every workout/run starts out with this song!
Has the Rocky sample in it:icon_chee
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CL-G04a639s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CL-G04a639s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

sick song thankx, gona add that to my playlist

I need tunes. When my old MP3 player died I was lost and quickly stole my wife's IPOD. OK I had to add my own playlist as Celine Dion not only sucks but is rather harsh running music :) Seriously though I make my play lists to start out slow and build through the workout. I also downloaded one of the Nike workouts for the ipod. Its a good workout with a speaker giving intervals.

Music can help me escape the pain of bordome and help me visualize fighting. Being over 40 it helps me stay up to date on music as I always need new music to stay fresh.

These days at the gym I'm really into techno and techno/rock and stuff like that -- try searching for these songs:

Thomas Falke "Revolution On The Dance Floor"
Groove Cutter "My Shooter"
Control One "Just A Little Bit"
Ian Carey "Redlight"
Kevin Weg "Dead Radio"

I don't usually go for techno but these are sort of like a wierd crossover between rock and techno/trance.

Most of these I found at this itunes page -- http://www.electricfilebox.com/tracks

I run to music with a simple beat that I can get my stride going to. Makes spacing out easier

I think for really short work (say sub 1 min) music has no place because it throws you off too much.

If you're going to go for something long (say 20 min +) if you pick some music with an appropriate tempo it can keep you going beyond what is comfortable

meh, when i go to the track i like to put on some crazy slipknot song or something bc it gets me pumped and i find it helps a little

I actually find that I generally run better without music for some reason. Perhaps its because I'm more aware of my breathing/pacing, but I'm probably one of the few that runs better without tunes.

I actually find that I generally run better without music for some reason. Perhaps its because I'm more aware of my breathing/pacing, but I'm probably one of the few that runs better without tunes.

i read a book that said when the authors runs he cnat run with music, too distracting and messes up form, but i guess thats for the more competetive runners who focus on form alot

meh, when i go to the track i like to put on some crazy slipknot song or something bc it gets me pumped and i find it helps a little

System of a down, limp bizkit, poppa roach etc I have for short runs.

Long runs I listen to.......snow patrol for example :redface:

I used to run without so I could hear myself like you

Different strokes

Does running without music give you some type of mental toughness, and is somehow better for you? I run l5k's and 10k's and some triathlons, so if i train with music will i be at a disadvantage when i run my triathlon where music is not allowed, are there any other disadvantages to music?

I relied heavily on music and was very worried when I did my half marathon last month.

we were allowed music but my Ipod malfunctioned at mile 5 and I had to 8.1 with no music.

To be honest, I think I enjoy running better OUTSIDE without music.

Treadmill fuckin forget about it, I have to have music
Outside though, its cool getting lost in the sights and sounds and your feet hitting pavement.

beautiful day -u2

best running song , ever. its like it was made solely for running.

beautiful day -u2

best running song , ever. its like it was made solely for running.

I use mine to get amped up and to take my mind off it.

I always run to Black Dahlia Murder's "Nocturnal". Fucking brutal. And sometimes I"ll throw on Icepick's "Onward to Victory" during warmup.

I have gone both with and without, but when outside just go without it is so nice to listen to everything around you, but indoors espically alone I will try to run with, but as a semi-competitive runner, I can't in races so I try to run as little as possible with music.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back