Running 1,000 miles this year

Clinch_Shots

Hit it
Reaction score
Figured this would be the best place to talk about my ups and downs of the year.

Road running 1000 miles, doing Pat Tilmans run, and a few half marathons to boot a lack luster 42 miles last year.

I'm 8.5 miles and 2 runs in (started the second due to hangover)

Hopefully I don't bore you all to death.

(I will still be lifting quite often to keep my upper and lower body proportional)

Lots of () IMO

here is rolling proof off my app:
2e5r6zn.png

Last edited:
My biggest motivator for the run, Adrian Peterson...

If he could get severely injured, return to the elite NFL early, and run over everyone in the process, why can't I average 2.75 ish miles a day?

Right now I'm in my puma faas 250 and they are broken in perfectly but I'm sure ill have about 5 pairs this year of different kicks

My biggest motivator for the run, Adrian Peterson...

If he could get severely injured, return to the elite NFL early, and run over everyone in the process, why can't I average 2.75 ish miles a day?

Here's another good video for motivation (specifically running)

This video is good for motivation just before the run, or a workout, or anything really. Always gets me pumped.

I've burned through a lot of running shoes in the past few years and I have the most love for Asics. I tend to go back and forth between Engineered and something lighter. Very different feels, but I'm always happy when I make the switch, mixes up the feel of the run. Also nice to switch between $250 and $120. Currently rocking a lighter 33 Collection. And Asics is doing awesome things with color.

http://www.asicsamerica.com/Footwear/Running-Shoes/

I have a couple of pairs of Nike Fitsole 2 Flywire. One like this:

supply-goods-Mens%20Nike%20Air%20Max%20Flywire%20Shoes%20Black%20Orange.jpg

One with a fractionally different design/colour scheme. I like them a lot, despite the issue that running shoes apparently don't work...

TS, good luck, keep at it. You should keep a log.

I've been thinking of starting a collective log for people who run, too.

Good luck, TS.

As Jaunty said, why don't you start a log?

+1 on the running log. That's a lot of running!

Dude, good call! Start a log on this and I will follow!

thats awesome dude. id rather get kicked in the nuts than run a mile.

I have the strava iPhone app tracking my runs

What do you mean by log?

Like miles run and times?

Basically just move this thread to the training log section. You'll probably get more responses. People tend to just go straight to the training logs nowadays.

I have the strava iPhone app tracking my runs

What do you mean by log?

Like miles run and times?

Yeah, start your own thread in the logs section. Kick it off by introducing yourself, training approach, goals. Record each run, along with how you are feeling. Write down your thoughts about training and progression. Also, go into other peoples' logs. If running is your thing, check out the logs of other people who run a bit, like mine, Scoop's, Tomax's, TeddyRoosevelt's. The more time you spend in other people's logs, the more people come to you and the more the logs become a fun and useful community.

Go in to the logs section and check a few out. Look for the ones with plenty of views- they will give you a good idea how the logs section works.

In truth, it's the heart of the forum and the community here. The main forum is just an outer later reserved for telling people to read the FAQs and arguing about CrossFit.

well now I'm up to 13 miles

3 day streak

1900 ish calories total

so far this year I have ran for 1 hour and 54 minutes

I'm already 13 miles in, road only - no machines

but from here on out I will be logging times, pains, shoes broken, and miles smashed.

Here is a revolving photo I will update for proof:

11b2b2g.png

Last edited:
Back