Running 1,000 miles this year

Good luck, something a bit different for the training logs. Should be interesting.

Forrest Gump has nothing on you. Good luck. Ever try mizunos? Also, do you buy a half size too big when you buy running shoes?

no I buy true to size when it comes to shoes

the crazy shit about it is

I'm also going to try and do it as a consecutive streak (probably about 300 days straight)

i used brooks when i used to run, ~20~24 miles a week.

they are typically a stiffer harder shoe

asics are typically more comfortable, softer

what ever brand you go with, just get them fitted properly for your gait.

I run in X-country spikeless flats now, more of a pose/barefoot style. I kept getting injured and got tired of spending $$$ on shoes every few months because the support wore out even though the uppers looked brand new.

are you running just for general conditioning or do you have a timed goal for those half marathons?

the pain from the initial run was gone today so I picked up the pace a little...

4 miles a day hasn't been too taxing on my body and it's what I have to run for the race coming in a few months ( Pat Tillman's Run)

4.2 miles today
8:19 a mile average pace
34:57 (with about 25 seconds of me loading my ipod into my sleeve)
661 calories burned

Shoes are starting to show wear ( they have about 85 miles on them) and I am feeling steps that propel me better and slowly fixing my pace issues to be faster. I have a great route ending with an uphill run to my house, but I think I might find a flat run that goes a bit further like maybe 6 miles.

so far I have ran for 2 hours and 30 minutes in a span of 4 days straight

If you feel like experimenting, since you'll surely go through several pairs of shoes, try getting a pair that are a half size too big. Your feet swell when you run for distance, and you might find it more comfortable on long runs.

my appetite feels like it has doubled since I began running every day.

don't really get it and I'm having slight gains and 3 pound fluctuations

but I'm also lifting and started crushing through my On gold standard whey stash

I'm running just to say I ran 1,000 miles in a year

my conditioning is already great

last year I tried to do the weight loss thing with a goal of 188 (from 225) and dropped to 169, so I'd say once I set my sights on something I kill it

I started a log.

some one post something inspirational because I'm in football mode right now and haven't ran yet today

and it's getting colder...

Your running at a 9:30 mile pace....at 169lbs anything over 8:00 min pace is unacceptable.

Your running at a 9:30 mile pace....at 169lbs anything over 8:00 min pace is unacceptable.

First off, someone's weight needs to be considered in light of their height and bodyfat percentage. Second off, fuck off with your stupid advice. If he actually achieves his goal, you can bet he'll be under an 8 min pace before too long.

Why should he give a fuck about an 8 minute pace? On my distance runs, I never concerned myself with time - just logging more miles. I'm pretty sure my long runs were in the 9-10 minute mile pace. And this is when I was logging sub 20 minute 5ks. There is no need to bust ass when time isn't your concern - its' volume.

Nice goal! I'll be keeping an eye on this log! Looks like my 1st place in the 30 minute for distance challenge has some competition!

Unacceptable to who, exactly? Unless he's competing, or trying out for a job with specific fitness standards, then TS' mile time is no one's damn business but his.

Stupid post is stupid: you may as well say, "Anything less than a 500lb Deadlift is unacceptable.":rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back