Rumor: WSOF-NYE ticket sales doing poorly

Man I wish WSOF does fold so Marlon Moraes comes to UFC and fight TJ or Cruz

I agree 100%. Looking at old school wrestling as an example, that's the job of both the wrestlers to get their match over and the booker/matchmaker to come up with storylines and book the guys that draw or serve a purpose. Nobody at wsof or bellator seems to realize this

It's pretty strange, the lack of attention they try drawing. At least it totally seems that way...

I think that this show is more about ratings that anything.... They putt all the bullets in this to try to make al least 500k viewers and enter in the market (i have understand that they TV deal will be over in 2017) like a viable TV product and with that get a new deal to try to survive a little more...

They're putting it on at a time when people will probably be traveling or getting ready for the night. The planning of this card has had disaster written all over it.

I was going to go but then Zeferino pulled out.

They're putting it on at a time when people will probably be traveling or getting ready for the night. The planning of this card has had disaster written all over it.
Theres going to be at least 500k people who will have NBC on even without watching. The show will need at least a million to be considered a success

Do you mean the lack of attention they are drawing? Lack of effort? What do you mean?

They ain't pushing shit and hardly anyone cares anyway. It's the promotions fault, fighters also need to get loud

They ain't pushing shit and hardly anyone cares anyway. It's the promotions fault, fighters also need to get loud
They signed Kayla Harrison, but I dont know if she can save the deal

They signed Kayla Harrison, but I dont know if she can save the deal

I did not know that, it won't save shit if it isn't pushed into ears and seared into eyes. I get more suggested advertisements from BAMMA.

I agree 100%. Looking at old school wrestling as an example, that's the job of both the wrestlers to get their match over and the booker/matchmaker to come up with storylines and book the guys that draw or serve a purpose. Nobody at wsof or bellator seems to realize this
Agreed...the old pro wrestling model works...but in the case of Bellator they've now got Chael and he get's it and is a real carny

Problem with running NYC is the cost of promotion. Forget about the rent at MSG, that's through the roof, but everything is unionized from the guys setting up the cage to the ticket takers. Doing promotion in NYC is at a premium...the cost of billboards, taxi roof ads, newspaper ads, and bus stop waiting areas cost a fortune.

such a shame that the most exciting mma fighter in the world - Justin Gaethje - will be fighting in front of a few hundred people. he deserves so much more.

such a shame that the most exciting mma fighter in the world - Justin Gaethje - will be fighting in front of a few hundred people. he deserves so much more.

They'll give away tickets like nearly all promotions do.

Problem with running NYC is the cost of promotion. Forget about the rent at MSG, that's through the roof, but everything is unionized from the guys setting up the cage to the ticket takers. Doing promotion in NYC is at a premium...the cost of billboards, taxi roof ads, newspaper ads, and bus stop waiting areas cost a fortune.
and with the new insurance law, WSOF has to pay at least an additional $1500 for each fighter on the card

I feel bad for the first 400 guys who bought the ticket at full price

I feel bad for anybody paying for WSOF at all. They should get a refund and go to Japan where the NYE cards are a little better.

I feel bad for anybody paying for WSOF at all. They should get a refund and go to Japan where the NYE cards are a little better.

Card is not that bad
They just get the refund and buy the same tickets 50% off :D

fewer people in the audience probably makes it far more likely that jake shields camp gets into a fight with someone

15534667_212447042540344_6720045572377542656_n.jpg

Back