Rumor: WSOF-NYE ticket sales doing poorly

From the looks of TicketMaster, they're only trying to sell around 7,000ish seats. Quick eyeball test it seems there's about 1k left to sell. But I've been to shows in Vegas that seat 1k that weren't filled and everyone I knew there had tickets handed to them for free. So who knows where they're actually at.

From the looks of TicketMaster, they're only trying to sell around 7,000ish seats. Quick eyeball test it seems there's about 1k left to sell. But I've been to shows in Vegas that seat 1k that weren't filled and everyone I knew there had tickets handed to them for free. So who knows where they're actually at.
The theater holds about 5000 capacity but they anticipated even less which is why some sections look sold/not available.

Definitely doesnt help that their 2 NY champs arent fighting in their massive NYC event. Daniel Branch and Joao Zeferino

NYC native David Branch is on the card, Queen B, defending his middleweight belt against Louis Taylor.

I'm not surprised i mean it is new years eve plus is there anybody fighting on this card that is a house hold name or would make a causal fan go to this event. I mean even hardcore guys do you really one spend part of nee years eve watching Jon fitch vs Jake shields.

15534667_212447042540344_6720045572377542656_n.jpg

I'm glad they put Branch (probably their best fighter besides Moraes) in the main card
Tapology has the fight listed as a prelim so I was really upset about that

This may well be the card that finally kills the company. 400 people!

I'm glad they put Branch (probably their best fighter besides Moraes) in the main card
Tapology has the fight listed as a prelim so I was really upset about that
He's not on the main card. Branch is on the tv prelims on NBC SN, after the online prelims and before the NBC network main card. Why is almost everyone in this thread so confused by this poster when it breaks all the broadcast times and channels so clearly?

I'm not surprised i mean it is new years eve plus is there anybody fighting on this card that is a house hold name or would make a causal fan go to this event. I mean even hardcore guys do you really one spend part of nee years eve watching Jon fitch vs Jake shields.
I will watch the card from beginning to end. It's over around 6 :00 pm EST. Plenty of time to go out for NYE after that if I want to.

He's not on the main card. Branch is on the tv prelims on NBC SN, after the online prelims and before the NBC network main card. Why is almost everyone in this thread so confused by this poster when it breaks all the broadcast times and channels so clearly?

Maybe because the never split the prelims in two parts?
If you see the poster, only behind Rosholt and Branch's fights is where they put "prelims"
Not "TV prelims" and "online prelims" like UFC used to do

WSOF doesn't sound like a name that flies.
Change it to CSN&Y or something.

That board meeting had to be depressing. How excited everybody must've been when they were "stacking" the card and the vision of a packed NYE arena.

That board meeting had to be depressing. How excited everybody must've been when they were "stacking" the card and the vision of a packed NYE arena.

I assure you, this is a play to try to get an investor in to float money or take on the debt. In the end Ali will make a lot of money and the company will be in the same position it always is.

For everybody wondering why they scheduled it at a weird time maybe because it was the only time they could convince NBC to give them a network show?

They could put all their worst fighters on it and probably still get more to watch than all of their best if the card was on NBCsn.

Time for this company to go under and get absorbed by bellator.

Bump.

I was catching up at Global MMA. The WSOF-NYE didn't even get bumped for discussion. I hold out hope they did ok.

Bump.

I was catching up at Global MMA. The WSOF-NYE didn't even get bumped for discussion. I hold out hope they did ok.
On Reddit and here, the Rizin threads did 5x posts as the WSOF show. I don't think we have that many foreigners on this website to explain it, so there were people pulling all-nighters to watch from Japan. The same people wouldn't watch an USA oriented show during a favorable time on a huge channel.

Does anybody know what what the attendance was for the event?

Back