Rumor: WSOF-NYE ticket sales doing poorly

I feel bad for the first 400 guys who bought the ticket at full price

So dumb of them to think they could draw people on nye. After they cancelled all those shows to put all their eggs in 1 basket for this one too

Not surprised! Disaster written all over. Huge payroll for this show

Wsof has terrible Business men.

Who knew Jon Fitch vs Jake Shields isn't selling tickets?

I was thinking about taking a trip to the NYE card after reading thast, then I realized nobody was going to want to spend their NYE inside an arena watching fights besides me.

Remember, WSOF failure reflects poorly on the MMA business. Can't imagine why NBC still doing business with them?

Remember, WSOF failure reflects poorly on the MMA business. Can't imagine why NBC still doing business with them?

I don't know about all that.

It's just like most sports, the Premier league (UFC) of the sport does great and usually the lesser leagues fight for the scraps. Some of the lesser leagues do better than others.

No surprise. Who wants to watch WSOF on NYE in NYC? I can think of a billion better things to do in NYC lol. What joke they are. Bjorn should buy them for $20 lol

That's really too bad as it is a great card. Unfortunately I don't see them going much longer. I don't think they get enough viewers for NBCSN to pay them much. I can see for the first couple years they could accept losses, but it's been a while. And it doesn't seem to be getting better. It wasn't that long ago that their event was being held next to some volleyball match.

Any other cards going on at that date?

Well there's RIZIN on the 29th, UFC 207 on the 30th, and RIZIN on the 31st. I think the bigger problem than MMA saturation is that, unlike in Japan, spending NYE watching MMA is not a (more or less) established cultural practice. If the UFC decides against holding Rousey's return card on the 31st, you probably should too if you're WSOF.

As much as I love to revel in bad business moves, take with a grain of salt when it's coming from Russell. He is fully vested in Ali failing. Not that I blame him. Just saying.

The cheapest seats are still $50.Too much imo when ufc 108 has tix for $57.
Only plus is the main card starts at 4pm.So by 7 you can move on to whatever you have planned for the evening.

Such a shame to cause it is an amazing card. To me its the best show outside the UFC the entire year. And nobody will watch it or be there for it.

Feels like the type of event that will lose them so much money it will put them under.

Back