Rumor: WSOF-NYE ticket sales doing poorly

A card headlined by Buscape and co-mained by Shields vs Fitch isn't selling on NYE? Shocker

Really is too bad; granted these rumors are true.

As the old saying goes; if it don't make dollars, it don't make sense.

Everything has to make business sense above all else.

I remember when we were all making a mockery out of the kimbo and shamrock fights in Bellator, but my money says those fights made Bellator a healthy sum.

We all made fun of the UFC for having cm punk fight, but he sure as hell brought in some money.

Wsof has its business practices backwards. Payroll for this card is what? 500k(number out of my ass) these dudes are probably making nothing from sponsors due to ratings. The gate seems to be a bust as well. This really does some to be wsof final breath.

Is there something deeper going on though? I wouldn't be shocked if they were busted for shady business practices like money laundering or embezzlement. I simply fail to see how they are breaking even, let alone turning in a profit.

Its a real solid card. Probably should move the event to another date.

Wsof has its business practices backwards. Payroll for this card is what? 500k(number out of my ass) these dudes are probably making nothing from sponsors due to ratings. The gate seems to be a bust as well. This really does some to be wsof final breath.
I think Moraes and Gaethje will make 300k by themselves.

No shit. Who the hell wants to spend NYE at WSOF. They're a good show but NYE MMA is a Japanese thing.

jared rosholt should be the main event and that card would sell out in a minute

Biggest party night of the year and they wanted to hold an event in the heart of that party.

No need for a business pedigree to know it was dead on arrival.

WSOF just needs to go full freak show, their current business model isn't working

People talking about this being a make or break show for wsof but if wsof been losing money for years, I doubt this show will be the final straw or else wsof would not do it unless they know this is the end and want to go out with a bang.

People talking about this being a make or break show for wsof but if wsof been losing money for years, I doubt this show will be the final straw or else wsof would not do it unless they know this is the end and want to go out with a bang.
I believe this is the case. Why book 4 title fights on a single card? No other promotion does that, even on their biggest cards. WSOF losing money for years is the exact reason people are saying "doom". It's been to long since they've made any profit. There's only so much money that they have. The NBC/WSOF deal ending in 2017 is a very big factor as well. NBC isn't too interested in keeping WSOF around.

By the end of the year, we should either see WSOF on Fight Pass or completely absorbed by the UFC. Don't expect RIZIN or Bellator to save the day either, WSOF is well connected to WME-IMG.

I'm not surprised. I live and breathe Ohio State football and i'm pissed off their payoff game is NYE afternoon. The wife will be using that against me for some time to come.

That's really unfortunate. I hope the card doesn't get cancelled because I was looking forward to spending my night alone, and watching a shitty quality stream of WSOF, while some guy in chat spams "Shogun tapped to strikes!".

WSOF has never really been known for making great decisions

I believe this is the case. Why book 4 title fights on a single card? No other promotion does that, even on their biggest cards. WSOF losing money for years is the exact reason people are saying "doom". It's been to long since they've made any profit. There's only so much money that they have. The NBC/WSOF deal ending in 2017 is a very big factor as well. NBC isn't too interested in keeping WSOF around.

By the end of the year, we should either see WSOF on Fight Pass or completely absorbed by the UFC. Don't expect RIZIN or Bellator to save the day either, WSOF is well connected to WME-IMG.

Could be a lot of truth right here.

Writing was kind of on the wall the last few months that this is going to be it.

Have they ever not done poor ticket sells? Anyway, if they drop it to $1 dollar beers and hot dogs, I'm in.

booking big/famous venues for MMA shows doesn't mean jack shit if you only do a few hundred paid.

We've seen this time and time again with MMA promotions.

Seems like a lot of the people commenting in this thread aren't aware that the card is scheduled for the afternoon from about 1 PM for the online prelims with a main card starting at 4 PM to about 6:30 PM EST or so if it runs a little long, not actually on the evening of NYE. I'm personally pretty psyched for this card as it has some interesting fights and I can watch the fights and still go out on NYE if I want.

Yeah this show has no publicity. Push the product. Twitter is free. Cause a stir. Positive vibes. Make people want it.

That got very Brody Stevens

I think that this show is more about ratings that anything.... They putt all the bullets in this to try to make al least 500k viewers and enter in the market (i have understand that they TV deal will be over in 2017) like a viable TV product and with that get a new deal to try to survive a little more...

they should bring in anyone still concerned about violence in MMA just for the fitch vs shields fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back