Rumble Johnson - tyson in his prime

Only in MMA could a fighter with losses to Rich Clementi and Kevin Burns be compared to Mike Tyson. TS needs higher standards

So, what, when you move to a new weight class you get a clean slate? GTFO with your bad self.

he does appear to be a more formidable fighter at lhw, no? 35lbs can make a difference.

As much as I like Anthony and think he's a great fighter, I just don't see him beating jones. Jones is too slick , too good , fight iq is too much for Johnson. So therefore johnson likely won't be champion so ultimately isn't like Tyson

Prime Tyson would KTFO Phil Davis, he certainly packs a lot of power and has a few demolitions on his record, 205 seems to be his weight class, Rumbleweight was not working so well.

Very nice call, TS! It was a pretty detailed explanation, too, not one of those random lucky guesses.

Good job!

I still have no idea how he lost to 5'7 170 pound Josh Koscheck. Even at 170 Rumble should have been able to just monkey stomp him. I'm sure he re-hydrated back to the 190s on fight night.

Only in MMA could a fighter with losses to Rich Clementi and Kevin Burns be compared to Mike Tyson. TS needs higher standards

Tyson quit on his stool against Kevin McBride.

People need to stop building these guys up to mythic proportions. :rolleyes:

i'm pretty sure tyson was in prison during his prime

I think Davis is a better wrestler than jones.

Yes, Phil has a more impressive amateur wrestling pedigree than Jon.

Anyway, it is as irrelevant to say that AJ is a better wrestler then either or D.C for that matter.

While Jon is not a one punch KO artist, he still packs a harder punch that Phil, has quicker more accurate hands, better kicks and Jon's work in the clinch is vastly superior to anyone in the LHW division.

Rumble is definitely impressive lately, but Tyson was astonishing

What other african american monster wrecks people in one round like tyson so?

Rumble will take jones out with ease dc landed on Jones and touched him up,rumble is going to finish him with ease jones cant even take him down his tdd is sick

RUMBLE BLESS

jfc what is it with you <insert name here> bless guys? are you 12 or something?

He isn't nearly as fast and powerful as Tyson. He does hit hard, though.

Prime Tyson might kill someone in mma if he landed flush.

nope, prime tyson was on another level to rumble. but rumble definitely is the ufcs current KO king. it's a good thing.

no, go watch his fights with Tucker, Rudduck, Douglas and Holyfield. He only looked great against cans or has beens. If AJ can beat and KO guys like DC and Jones, he'll have surpassed Tyson and may have already.

no, go watch his fights with Tucker, Rudduck, Douglas and Holyfield. He only looked great against cans or has beens. If AJ can beat and KO guys like DC and Jones, he'll have surpassed Tyson and may have already.

fair enough i'll go watch those fights, hopefully they are on youtube.
do you think rumbles power and speed compare to prime tysons? seeing him training and fighting, damn he was a fast hw, know anyone that matches his athleticism?

I love Rumble too man but they're not even close. Tyson's uppercuts looked like something out of an anime or a Rocky movie.

fair enough i'll go watch those fights, hopefully they are on youtube.
do you think rumbles power and speed compare to prime tysons? seeing him training and fighting, damn he was a fast hw, know anyone that matches his athleticism?

Don't listen to that idiot. he doesnt realise the reasons for those losses. Tyson was mentally fatigued and just zoned out. He was having a hard time outside the ring. Even in his ffights after prison tyson says he's angry he didnt train, etc.

Back