Rules that are particular to your gym

Another rule. You can't walk in front of a black belt, you can only walk behind him or her.

This ones just practical safety. You don't walk behind a horse for the very same reason- they're both known to temperamental fits and random head kicking

We stand in rank order and bow before/after class. Come to class clean, nails trimmed etc. No shoes on the mat. The only unusual one is this:

Unless you are training for an upcoming MMA competition or have health issues, no drinking water till after class. Classes are 1.5 hrs. The last 30minutes is 6x 5min sparring. This is to teach ppl to become accustomed to being uncomfortable. I was surprised I got used to it so quickly.

Not drinking water during class is very stupid. I paid for the class, I'll drink any damn time I please.

We have an actual Gracie family member running our academy, so some things are pretty strict.

I would have to go to another gym to see the difference and what rules are particular to our academy.

Lol! What in the fuck?

Am I misunderstanding something or has the belief that Marcelo will sleep with your gf/wife dissuaded you from training with him?

42e.jpg

Yeah .. misunderstanding. Sorry. I am just but hurt because my Wife left me for my last instructor. It was kinda of an inside joke.

I have only met Marcelo twice. He has always been awesome with me.

In my previous gym, you could not leave the mat without permission.

In my current gym there are absolutely no rules. Kids are playing on the other side of the mat, instructors dogs are sometimes on the mat too. I dont care really, I love my gym and the relaxed atmosphere.

Yeah .. misunderstanding. Sorry. I am just but hurt because my Wife left me for my last instructor. It was kinda of an inside joke.

WOAH, what in the fuck indeed?

Is there a thread on this?

Well, fist bumping and hand shaking also serve no purpose.

Wrong. It serves a very important purpose. It signifies that between the shaking of hands to the tap, we both acknowledge that we are sparring under the ruleset.

Granted this can be represented in many ways, bowing, touching gloves, etc. but it does serve a purpose.

instructors dogs are sometimes on the mat too.

Isn't that a health issue? I mean, I shower after every class, but I thought the "no shoes rule" is at least partly because of ringworm and outside dirt.

Isn't that a health issue? I mean, I shower after every class, but I thought the "no shoes rule" is at least partly because of ringworm and outside dirt.

when i lived in brazil ,it was not abnormal for a random dog to run on the mats and jump right into my guard.

Will you post the name of the gym so others may avoid training with that piece of shit?

Wrong. It serves a very important purpose. It signifies that between the shaking of hands to the tap, we both acknowledge that we are sparring under the ruleset.

Granted this can be represented in many ways, bowing, touching gloves, etc. but it does serve a purpose.

This is one of those rules at my gym. If you slap hands, its going to the tap; no more positional rolling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back