Roy Nelson is a +180 underdog against Overeem

Modern

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Money to be made? Overeem is -260 btw.

I'm picking Alistair, but Roy can land it.
He won't, though.

That's money. One punch and its over. Not to say Overeem can't win.

Nelson's only weapon is his right hand. Reem is not exactly known for a high fight iq but he'll circle away from nelson's right. Maybe overeem can crack his chin too.

Reem is just going to take Nelson down and pound him for an easy decision win.

Whoever the underdog ends up being in this fight will be a solid bet.

Definitely. If Roy lands any solid blow, Overeem will go down. There is no faith to be had in that chin anymore. There's also the good possibility of Reem working the TD and getting the TKO with ground strikes, but yes, I think there's some potential money to be made on those odds.

Might throw some fantasy money down on that one.

Overeem is going to outclass Roy

I see Overeem GSPeeing Nelson. Avoid exchanges, take him down, do a lil' GnP and pull out the decision. For Nelson all it takes is one shot.

I don't gamble, but it's tempting to put some money on Roy. I wouldn't bet the farm, but we all know Overeem's chin is questionable and Roy has the power (and the knack!) to KO damn near anyone.

I see Overeem GSPeeing Nelson. Avoid exchanges, take him down, do a lil' GnP and pull out the decision. For Nelson all it takes is one shot.

You're right, but it's so strange to read this. Considering when Nelson came into the UFC he was known for his BJJ and grappling, now he's known for being a one punch bomb thrower.

Back