Roy Nelson is a +180 underdog against Overeem

Nelson has a decent puncher's chance but I think Overeem tools him everywhere in this fight. Roy just has that big winging punch that could end the fight. I don't think he lands it in this one though. Just a hunch.

Makes sense, Nelson has looked awful in his last fights.

(btw, I'm not pretending that Overeem looks good right now, but he seems less one-dimensional than Big Country at this point)

Not sure how to go here. Roy could find the button, but maybe Overeem could Jackson gameplan him.

Reem's GnP was pretty nasty against Struve. Will be interesting to see if he tries to take the fight there again instead of striking with Roy (not a bad idea considering his chin)

Nelson might be the only HW in the top 10 with worse fight IQ than Reem. Odds seem okay to me.

You're right, but it's so strange to read this. Considering when Nelson came into the UFC he was known for his BJJ and grappling, now he's known for being a one punch bomb thrower.

It's very weird indeed, they kept saying on TUF that he is a black belt but he has never subbed someone in the octagon. He could've RNC'ed CroCop but he blasted him instead. Straight up BJJ is a different beast than using it in MMA. In the octagon people have taken him down at will and he didn't show to be active off of his back. But hey, as he stated, it's easier to knock someone out :icon_lol:

Overeem is going to knee him into oblivion in the clinch like Mir and Werdum did x10. There is a chance that Nelson could connect on that glass chin, but I wouldn't bet on it.

It's free money. I don't think people realize how mediocre Rothwell has been in the UFC. Even Gonzaga subbed him. Nelson should be -300.

Overeem is going to knee him into oblivion in the clinch like Mir and Werdum did x10. There is a chance that Nelson could connect on that glass chin, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Just what I am thinking. the odds seem right.

If Rothwell could find that chin then Nelson sure as hell can. However, his own chin has kind of been cracked by werdum and Hunt as well. Reem has this if he clinchknees / ground and pounds Nelson to a living death. No exchanges in the pocket please Reem or Nelson WILL find that button.

Back