Roxanne Modafferi: Many UFC Fighters Fail with Social Media

How many UFC fighters do you follow on social media?

• Total voters
She seems like a genuinely nice person and one of the few fighters who appears to be cool to hang with, but the flipside of that coin is that is easy to link her mellow and personable attitude with her lack of killer-instinct in the cage. I am not saying that it is necessarily a correct link to make, but it is one of these things my overinterpreting mind invariably does. I like her, I want to root for her. I am just not excited for her matches.

'Thankfully my fighting style is entertaining"

No it isn't hun
I like roxanne,and root for her to win,but yeah I would not say she's entertaining and she probably SHOULD be more active on social media. Alot of her popularity comes from old school die hard and being on TUF. If more ppl were aware of her character and background shec have more fans despite her not so stellar UFC record and style.

Invicta shit. She has no business in the cage. Or Playboy

I have to give her some credit. She has remained in the fight game despite being what is possibly the least athletic human being I've ever seen in a sporting competition.

“I honestly don’t give a lot of thought to ‘entertaining the fans’ going into a fight, although I hear other fighters say in interviews that’s their goal. I just wanna win. Thankfully, my fighting style is entertaining, so don’t have to worry about ‘trying.’ I march forward with urgency (sometimes too much urgency) and try to hit my opponent in the face before taking them down and smashing my elbows into their forehead. I’ve been told that’s pretty entertaining.

“What I really want is to win and make friends with my fans! All of them. I try to reply to people’s comments and ALWAYS to people’s messages. If you’re nice to me, I’ll be nice back. I am ‘The Happy Warrior,’ after all. I don’t have hundreds of thousands of followers like other girls who post sexy bikini pictures (I only post cosplay pics. My Kitana wasn’t bad, though, if I may say so myself). However, I have a lot of fans who are nerds, fans of anime, sci-fi, Star Wars, and Jiu-Jitsu. I hope entertain them a lot with my social media posts, because I certainly entertain myself!

“Interacting with fans is always important! It doesn’t even matter how, when it comes to entertainment value. As Ronda Rousey once said, 'Hate me or love me, you’re gonna watch me.' If fighters are rude to fans and make them dislike us, they’ll still tune in hoping to see us lose.

“Thus, social media - and media in general - is a major portion of the entertainment part of our job—and lots of fighters choose to ignore it. Yeah, we’re doing a sport, but there’s so much competition to get fights. You’ve gotta be more interesting than your fellow fighters. Some grudgingly admit social media is necessary, but don’t want to put the effort in. Others hate it. Some love it, and post everything they eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, plus their sweaty faces while jogging down the street every day.

“Luckily for the former, social media isn’t a requirement, but always encouraged by promotions. Hundreds of thousands of followers can also land a fighter sponsorships for companies who have products that they want seen by hundreds of thousands of eyes every week. Clothing, meal prep, and recently CBD oil is popular.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/11/20/20964640/ufc-fighter-perspective-editorial-roxanne-modafferi-mixed-martial-arts-sports-vs-entertainment-ufc
You mother effer. Because of this thread I did a search and found this:
maxresdefault.jpg

Soooo...............
giphy.gif

Tons of Sherbros talk shit about Roxy even though she may actually be THE MOST FUN and RELATABLE WMMA fighter in existence........

......from a chill/fun/goofy/interesting nerd standpoint.

Sadly, tons of Sherbros are highly shallow.
roxanne-modafferi-tuf-26-finale-official-weigh-ins.jpg

She ain't good looking, but she isn't ugly either. Still wood, just for her being a DBZ fan.

Tons of Sherbros talk shit about Roxy even though she may actually be THE MOST FUN and RELATABLE WMMA fighter in existence........

......from a chill/fun/goofy/interesting nerd standpoint.

Sadly, tons of Sherbros are highly shallow.
You went full retard.

I like her as a fighter and a positive human being. She reminds me of Florian or Franklin - not a natural athlete, but tough and experienced, working hard to stay competitive, slowly and steadily winning the race.

She is a fun nerd dork extraordinaire...in a way that TONS of Sherbros can definitely relate to.

How can you state otherwise?
I've been watching WMMA since the 90s. I'm saying that you're overstating that she is "the" most interesting female fighter ever. She isn't the first fun, down to earth, dork or any other category of person that you're clearly fetishizing. And she really isn't that good of a fighter.

her fights always help the viewers to take anap between fights
so she entertaining in special way

I've been watching WMMA since the 90s. I'm saying that you're overstating that she is "the" most interesting female fighter ever. She isn't the first fun, down to earth, dork or any other category of person that you're clearly fetishizing. And she really isn't that good of a fighter.

What other WMMA fighter seems as sweet, down to earth AND super nerdy in a cute way compared to her?

She doesn't front by wearing DBZ costumes, etc...she really is that fucking dorky.

But hey, maybe you are not into such things. That's cool.

This chick always brings it

I remember her WRECKING Barb Honchak with Hellbows only last year

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAR ROXY!!!

Shes hot garbage. And I don't care the hate I'll get for it. Only reason shes in UFC is because the divison is still growing and developing.
Hoping Maycee annihilates her.

Modaferri is very tough and criminally underrated...

Her fights in the UFC might not have been the most entertaining, but she has had some very memorable bouts outside the promotion...

ALL of her fights with LaRosa and Coenen were fun (one of her bouts with Coenen even came when she won a one night tournament) and she even beat Jennifer Howe when Howe was killing everyone...

She always fights hard, win or lose, and her ability to take everything in stride and maintain such a positive attitude is something special as well.

Following a UFC fighter = multiple ads per day about their sponsors

Back