rowdy becs anti feminist views and buns

I think it's fair to point out here that feminists, like all groups of people, are comprised of individuals with different beliefs and philosophies, along a continuum. They don't all believe the same or want the same things.

I know it's harder to cast stones at a whole group when you define them this way (speaking to all of Sherdog, not CinemaKingdom in particular) but it's also a way to get better perspective.

The problem is that there are not easy-to-find terms that distinguish feminists of different beliefs and philosophies, and so distinctive criticism is difficult.

Prevalent in American feminism, for example, is complaint about the "objectivization" of women sexually in media. I expect feminists of that ilk give a lot of shit to women who post sexy photos online, like Bec and other female martial artists, to appeal to fans (with more fan support tending to lead to more sponsor support, which helps their careers). On the other hand, there are European feminists, like those of Femen, who publicly expose their breasts as a political act to demonstrate their freedom from "moral" restrictions emanating from the patriarchal "Mosaic" religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam).

At more extremes of the "objectivization" debate, there are feminists who see prostitution only in terms of being demeaning exploitation of women, and there are feminists who see laws against prostitution as attacks on the freedom and power of women to do with their bodies as they please.

Sur can tell from the responses who here would fight for freedom and whose a libertard willing to take it from behind.

For everyone freaking out about modern feminism, do you think racism is over now too? Fact of the matter is, the economy, government, military, everything you can name is dominated by men and for the most part white men. While that doesn't necessarily mean women aren't given certain opportunities, it definitely shows a culture towards valuing white men over others for positions of authority.

I bet the feminist president of the world really regrets telling her she can't wear a skirt now.

I think that might only be with single men and women cause I have read that as well but that makes perfect sense to me. I know with most families the mother tends to take care of the children more and take off work more, doesn't work as many hours and don't tend to get as much OT.

Either sex can fulfill either roll of provider or caretaker or even a little of each, but there are decisions in life and if you want to be the primary caretaker in your family you aren't going to make as much as your spouse who works more.

Yeah I was speaking specifically about the wage itself, but you're probably right about overtime opportunities. That being said, women are much more frequently awarded custody in custody battles, so that should be a factor also.

For everyone freaking out about modern feminism, do you think racism is over now too? Fact of the matter is, the economy, government, military, everything you can name is dominated by men and for the most part white men. While that doesn't necessarily mean women aren't given certain opportunities, it definitely shows a culture towards valuing white men over others for positions of authority.

You mean like the white president of the USA?

IMO Feminists want equal results, they don't care that the equal results might not be fair or deserved. It can't be that those jobs men do far more often are more difficult or dangerous, it must be sexism.

You are giving too much credit. While I am sure that many people who style themselves feminists want exactly that, the goals of the movement as a whole are far from egalitarian.

I have a hard time understanding how feminism is still a single movement (or treated as such). There is such a wide array of philosophies. I've heard "feminism" used to justify anything women do, say, and think.

I guess you didn't get the tumblr memo. Feminism is merely the belief that people should be treated fairly, regardless of gender. Nothing more. No misandry to see here folks. Nope, none at all...

Yeah I was speaking specifically about the wage itself, but you're probably right about overtime opportunities. That being said, women are much more frequently awarded custody in custody battles, so that should be a factor also.

It's a factor in the wage gap in terms of women having children in their custody more so they are taken away from work more or in the grand scheme of equality between men and women. But by itself it doesn't have much to do with any pay gap, it's just something that isn't fair.

is anyone else weirded out by how little she knows about feminism?

is anyone else weirded out by how little she knows about feminism?

not really, just look at the responses in this thread.

"hur dur fuck feminazis get back in the kitchen lmao wooo domestic violence!"

That's good that she has this mindset. Very refreshing.

just doing anything possible to stay relevant I guess...

Nice buns, god bless em kids :)

One of my biggest issues with feminism is that they don't want equality of opportunity, they want equal results, which isn't equality.
Yeah I love how they always presuppose that women work EXACTLY AS HARD as men.

Reminds me of how I saw so many sweaty women grunting and rolling their sleeves up at the coal mine the other day.

Back