• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rousey on Cyborg: "If I was Brazilian I'd be ashamed to have her represent me."

Good for her for dealing with the pressure, but i think she loves the attention more than she actually loves competing.

That's quite a dumb thing to say about a Judo Olympian who competed her whole life on the highest level in obscurity.
Actually your whole post reeks of stupid and prejudice.

not really, because each side is saying the other is ducking the other. and the signs point to ronda being the one going out of her way to avoid a fight with cyborg(or at least only willing to face her when she has to kill herself to make 135)

-ronda was at 145 in line for a title shot with cyborg, decides to drop to 135

-ronda says she wanted to face cyborg while she was on steroids, but refuses to face her at 145 because she thinks she'll likely be on steroids.

-ronda said she doesn't want a catch weight of 140 because cyborg would miss weight and would pressure ronda to fight anyway, but she DOES want the fight at 135...because that wouldn't happen at 135, i guess.

-when cyborg said she couldn't make 135, ronda was willing to scrap the whole idea of the fight.

those are exactly the points that I'm trying to get across as being irrelevant. They were trash talking back and forth for months when there was a possibility of doing the fight at different weight classes. Those possibilities are gone. So much can happen during a 1 year suspension. If the fight happens any time soon, it will happen at 135, just accept that.
They were both talking trash and it's absolutely insane for somebody to claim that either one is scared of the other. Both of them are smart enough to know that a 10lb in muscle mass difference in Cyborg makes a difference in the fight, so they both wanted the edge. But it still stands that those arguments between them are irrelevant at this point.

You sound like a nerd when you say fanboy.
T)

I was quoting somebody else's comments, just pointing out that I like watching both of these ladies fight, and that I have been pointing out facts, and how the facts are looked at from a more neutral point of view.

..Well she *did* actually represent 'Murica, in some important sporting event. In fact, I think most of the world sends their best.

The "Olympics" or something like that. She also brought back a medal, unlike most of the competitors.

-----

I quit reading somewhere in the "one trick pony" debate. Was Nog a "one trick pony" because he was subbing everyone? He didn't have the best takedowns.. OTOH her TDs are incredible.
That's fine and everything but what has her past to do with mma? I thought it was individuals that competed for their own glory and wallet.

So does Rousey judgebrazillion people based on cris cyborg? I mean they have plenty of Brazilians 'representing' them. Why would Cris Cyborg play any.part in how brazilions are percieved by others or themselves?

Don't know about the Ronda fanboys, but I'm still here.

Do you realize how crazy your arguments look to the rest of us?

Cyborg was stripped of her belt and was suspended. Correct?
During Cyborg's suspension, Ronda was signed to fight in the UFC. Correct?
Dana has said that the only female division that he plans to promote is the 135 lb division. Correct?

Isn't everything else pretty much irrelevant at this point?

ABC, look.
I respect you.
We are arguing, but you keep it civil.

So don't take it the wrong way, ok?

Now: with the above said, I do agree you are correct.
Situation changed.
Now Ronda is @ UFC and there's only a 135 Lbs division.

HOWEVER, that does not change what me & Voxom are saying.

because we are talking on what started when Cyborg was the champ and Ronda was not.
Ronda did leave Cyborg's division with a promise to come back and challenge Cyborg for the belt.
And while now it is a moot point, it wasn't when Ronda changed her tune and started demanding Cyborg to go down and face her.
Plus it was a huge contradiction, since SHE wanted Cyborg's belt, which would never be in play if Cyborg was the one going down.

And all of what i just said spilled out now to UFC.

UFC created a 135 division for Ronda.
And now they are backing Ronda just because she is the star of the division and the golden egg girl.

To now say Cyborg is the one avoiding the fact based on the situation NOW it's just wrong; because want it or not, you can't discount the history in here.

I hope you understand this point we are trying to make.

because we are not disputing the NOW. Just the history around it and with that, where the real "blame" lies.

ABC, look.
I respect you.
We are arguing, but you keep it civil.

So don't take it the wrong way, ok?

Now: with the above said, I do agree you are correct.
Situation changed.
Now Ronda is @ UFC and there's only a 135 Lbs division.

HOWEVER, that does not change what me & Voxom are saying.

because we are talking on what started when Cyborg was the champ and Ronda was not.
Ronda did leave Cyborg's division with a promise to come back and challenge Cyborg for the belt.
And while now it is a moot point, it wasn't when Ronda changed her tune and started demanding Cyborg to go down and face her.
Plus it was a huge contradiction, since SHE wanted Cyborg's belt, which would never be in play if Cyborg was the one going down.

And all of what i just said spilled out now to UFC.

UFC created a 135 division for Ronda.
And now they are backing Ronda just because she is the star of the division and the golden egg girl.

To now say Cyborg is the one avoiding the fact based on the situation NOW it's just wrong; because want it or not, you can't discount the history in here.

I hope you understand this point we are trying to make.

because we are not disputing the NOW. Just the history around it and with that, where the real "blame" lies.

If you are looking to point fingers, how about pointing a finger at both of them?
Ronda's body structure is fitting for 135 lbs.
Cyborgs current body structure is fitting for 145 lbs.
They both understand based on Cyborgs fighting style how much of a difference that 10 lbs would make, and they were both standing firm and not wanting to give in to the other one. I don't think you can logically and objectively argue that either one was more at fault for the situation than the other one. Neither wanted to fight at a different weight and they were both trash talking back and forth.

If you are looking to point fingers, how about pointing a finger at both of them?
Ronda's body structure is fitting for 135 lbs.
Cyborgs current body structure is fitting for 145 lbs.
They both understand based on Cyborgs fighting style how much of a difference that 10 lbs would make, and they were both standing firm and not wanting to give in to the other one. I don't think you can logically and objectively argue that either one was more at fault for the situation than the other one. Neither wanted to fight at a different weight and they were both trash talking back and forth.

That is where we disagree.
No.
Ronda didn't know her best weight class was at 135. She moved down in order to avoid fighting Cyborg! She herself said so!
Also: who moved weight class? Ronda did. So why does Cyborg has to move now?
The logical answer is: the one who moved OUT of the division should come back.
And Ronda did promise she would be back.

She is the one who changed her stance, not Cyborg.

All in all, now obviously, as we both noted, the story changed and it is up to Cyborg to move down or find another promotion.

but the ducking part happened on Ronda's side. not Cyborg. And THAT, is a fact!

That is where we disagree.
No.
Ronda didn't know her best weight class was at 135. She moved down in order to avoid fighting Cyborg! She herself said so!
Also: who moved weight class? Ronda did. So why does Cyborg has to move now?
The logical answer is: the one who moved OUT of the division should come back.
And Ronda did promise she would be back.

She is the one who changed her stance, not Cyborg.

All in all, now obviously, as we both noted, the story changed and it is up to Cyborg to move down or find another promotion.

but the ducking part happened on Ronda's side. not Cyborg. And THAT, is a fact!

Translation: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I think moving down to a better weight is worse than being a convicted drug-cheat. 30-odd pages and this fucking mongoloid is still posting utter bullshit?

If they fight, I"d like to see them go at it in Brazil. Lets see if Brazilians share her beliefs.

Translation: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I think moving down to a better weight is worse than being a convicted drug-cheat. 30-odd pages and this fucking mongoloid is still posting utter bullshit?

when you grow a brain and is able to discuss matter in civilized way, I'd bother to respond.

Ronda STILL says she'll fight Cyborg on steroids as long as it is at 135.

The mentality of the Cyborg nuthuggers is amazing... But Ronda won't fight Cyborg on steroids, like that makes her the coward. The real coward is the CHEATER Cyborg who is too afraid to fight without an illegal advantage. Cyborg is the real coward.
yes, she'll face her on steroids, but only if it's at a weight class she can't make, i know.

the original plan was to move back up and face her at 145, while she was on steroids. but now she absolutely refuses to face her at 145 because she'll likely be on steroids. that is her excuse for not wanting the fight at 145. which is complete BS

Last edited:
Everytime someone complains about Rousey'd trash-talk and antics they are being owned by her and don't realize it. LOL!

This is probably the only fight that truly intrigues me within WMMA. I wanna see other fights for the wrong reasons.

man this is going to backfire on the ufc so badly. cyborg would destroy rousey. rousey is just a one dimensional fighter with absolutely no stand up abilities whatsoever. once she realizes its not as easy as it was in her previous fights, it will be all downhill from there on.
I think Sarah Kaufman would beat cyborg.
Cyborg is physical, but has tons of holes in her game. Without out the juice is she gonna be the same? When cyborg fought carrano she Got mounted and Gina for whatever reason let her up..
The more rousey talks the less I like her, but I see Rousey over anyone not named Michelle Nicolini ending in Rousey via armbar ...for now anyway.

God, I like Ronda, but holy crap, she seems like Tweety taunting Sylvester from behind the cage wall. She's not wrong to be scared of Cyborg, but she's high if she thinks she can rewrite history and make like she's not scared of Cyborg. She dropped weight to avoid her, she kept her mouth shut until Cyborg was suspended, and she only started issuing challenges when she was popular enough to dictate the fight should happen at 135. God, if you're going to be a chicken, be a quiet chicken. This is embarrassing.

Rousey is one ****y bitch. It's easy to talk now that the fight isn't coming anytime soon. However I think she can beat cyborg, she's gonna have to or she's gonna look stupid. Tate is hotter.

Oh shut up.

4f38a20a567121c2693dda3b781b2088_new_medium.jpg

Dat Ass

Back