**Rory MacDonald vs. Hector Lombard verbally agreed for UFC 186**

It will be a 3 rounder. I doubt Rory stops him within 15 minutes. I think Lombard will actually want to pace himself instead of going for broke in the first....and end up doing nothing but fold like Woodley did, but I dont see a stoppage win. I hope you are right though!

It'll be the main event over in Montreal no doubt. So 5 it is.

When does the dreaded Lawler vs Hendricks 3 take place? Should have it on the same card in case of injury they can do a plug and play.

Rory is going to going to look back at his career and say he fought and beat the upper percentage of caliber opponents of all time and that's why I have no problem if he keeps getting held from the title shot.

That being said, watch him win and Jordan mein beats alves, I'm calling a rematch right now. HA

It will be a 3 rounder. I doubt Rory stops him within 15 minutes. I think Lombard will actually want to pace himself instead of going for broke in the first....and end up doing nothing but fold like Woodley did, but I dont see a stoppage win. I hope you are right though!

I was thinking there's a slim chance of it being the Main Event. I know they rarely have a PPV with a non-title Main Event, but in this case I could see it happening. Especially being in Montreal and only GSP probably topping Rory in popularity there.

Going for Hector but unfortunately I think Rory takes it via UD.

DAYUMN!!! DOUBLE DAYUMN!!! Love this damn fight! Thank you, UFC!

hope this fight happens. esp if hendricks vs lawler 3 is finalized

Don't really like this fight, because it kills one clear title contender. The loser will go back two or three fights and who knows what can happen.

It'll be the main event over in Montreal no doubt. So 5 it is.

Nowadays, PPV are always headlined by title fights, UFC 183 being an exception. Im pretty sure Rory vs Lombard will co head, they are trying to make Lombard vs Hendricks 3 for this card, and use the co main as a contigency plan in case of injury.

When was the last PPV planned from the beginning with a non title bout as a headliner?

I mean, I guess. But I'd like them both to have separate roads to the title.

I really hope this is true.

Rory via focus, frustration, and precision.

It should be awesome.

wow, 13-4 Rory so far on the poll.
Come on people, Lombard has HUGE muscles... and... anyway, Lombard won't be jabbed for 3 rounds. He will take the fight to Rory and kick his ass. Hopefully we get to see some nice judo throws too.

edit: 17-4, holy...

Bullshit. Rory should be fighting for the title, Lombard should be fighting Hendricks.

Back