**Rory MacDonald vs. Hector Lombard verbally agreed for UFC 186**

I love me some Hector,

but I don't think he has enough offensive output for Rory.

So I'll take Rory by UD

Once the winner of Rory vs Lombard fights for the belt who will be left to fight the winner of that fight?

The loser of Lawler-Hendricks 3? Woodley who lost to Rory who will either be champ or have a recent loss to the champ? Lombard who will either be champ or have a recent loss to the champ or to the guy who just lost to the champ (if Rory loses the title fight)? Saffiedine? 1-3 Condit? Will they fast-track Gastelum? Or give us Brown who already lost to Robbie and would lose much more decisively to Rory or Hendricks because the style match-up is worse for him?

They are killing all contenders before a single one of them had a shot at the title.

Once the winner of Rory vs Lombard fights for the belt who will be left to fight the winner of that fight?

The loser of Lawler-Hendricks 3? Woodley who lost to Rory who will either be champ or have a recent loss to the champ? Lombard who will either be champ or have a recent loss to the champ or to the guy who just lost to the champ (if Rory loses the title fight)? Saffiedine? 1-3 Condit? Will they fast-track Gastelum? Or give us Brown who already lost to Robbie and would lose much more decisively to Rory or Hendricks because the style match-up is worse for him?

They are killing all contenders before a single one of them had a shot at the title.

That's what happens when the same 2 guys fight 3 times in a row. It's ridiculously stupid.

This fight has Rory via UD written all over it.

Wait ... Is this a main event 5 round fight?

I'm a huge fan of Hector but honest this fight will consist of a staring contest, mixed with Rory spamming kicks and jabs. Lombard loses due to inactivity. Rory UD

Instead of Rory fighting for the title and Hendricks-Lombard for the #1 contender, we have this. Unbelievable.

Still, a good fight. I think Rory takes a UD.

Rory wins by being the smarter fighter with a better game plan.

Rory will beat Hector based on their last two performances

That fight has a solid chance of sucking bad, especially since it's the perfect 5 rounds main event for a Canadian card. They both can have very low striking output and will look to counter-strike a counter-striker.

Rory has a good chance of frustrating Lombard by keeping him at bay with his jab and making him tired, so I'll go with him. Lombard can still knock-him out but a disciplined and careful Rory is bad match-up for him.

Rory should only be fighting 5 round fights.

Rory finished his first 5 round fight he was given.

Rory would have finished his last 3 fights if they were 5 round fights.

Maia and Woodley both would have been finished likely in 4 rounds.

Rory's style is not about making boring 5 round fights. His style is about systemically dissecting and taking opponents apart. They are ultimately broken down and left with very little by the end of 3 rounds., while he like a machine just gets stronger and more powerful. He has proven that his last 3 fights and deserves the main event that is a 5 round fight or he shouldn't even sign the contract.

He basically is being fucked out of a title shot because they are still holding his last loss to Lawler against him, another fight that could have had a completely different outcome with 2 more rounds.

Lombard may survive 3 rounds with Rory, but by rounds 4 and 5 Rory would be laying an all out beating on him that he wants no part of.

Last edited:
If Lombard thought he had a hard time against Burkman he's in for an unpleasant time against Rory, who has even more awkward movement, but much better getting in & out.

Finally a fight that makes sense.

Back