**Rory MacDonald vs. Hector Lombard verbally agreed for UFC 186**

TASTEofmySCYTHE

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Rory MacDonald vs Hector Lombard In The Works For UFC 186

Don't know how legit this source is, so take it for what it's worth.

It's also trending on twitter.

"Verbal agreements are in place that will see Rory MacDonald take on Hector Lombard at UFC 186 in Montreal, Canada. A source close to the situation revealed the news to Vendetta Fighter this evening. It’s unknown at this time if the fight will serve as the main or co-main event — that will depend on if the UFC can add a title fight to the card or not."

edit: The matchup has been confirmed

Reports: Hector Lombard vs. Rory MacDonald targeted for UFC 186 in Montreal

Last edited:
Right on, I like that fight. Obviously means we're getting Hendricks vs Lawler 3 though if this fight happens.

At this rate we might never see Rory fight for the title. Every time he gets 1 or 2 fights away they give him a Condit or Robbie to take his soul and set him 3-4 fights back.

it's the right fight to make if Lawler fights Hendricks again, a proper contender fight. Hector has his chance early, but Rory should win handily. Especially if it's 5 rounds. Closer fight on paper if it's 3 rounds.

Well, lets see if they still deny him a titleshot if he gets his 4th top 10 win.

He already has more than the champ and the supposed challenger. SMH.

Dangerous fight for Rory but certainly winnable.

This makes sense to me. Rory should be fighting for the title right now but since rankings mean nothing and we have to watch Hendricks/Lawler again, put him against the person who would be next in line if top opponents weren't scared.

As much as I love Hector, I think Rory may take this based on how he handled Woodley.

At this rate we might never see Rory fight for the title. Every time he gets 1 or 2 fights away they give him a Condit or Robbie to take his soul and set him 3-4 fights back.

He was 10s away from beating Condit and he was as green as it gets in that fight.

The Robbie Lawler fight was close (came down to who won the first round).

Yesss.
Rory is the favourite but finally Lombard gets his chance at WW

Good fight.
I would favor Rory but Hector can be problematic to anyone.

Wow if true major respect for Rory.

Lombard in a (likely) 3 rounder is a really scary proposition. If I was Rory's management I would be like stay the hell away.

Nice. I hope they make it official. I think Rory picks Hector apart pretty handily though.

This fight has potential to offend JBG...depending on which fighters alter-ego shows up.

Great fight. Lombard would maul him, Rory is way overrated imo. Rory is NOT Gsp.

YEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Rory will technically outclass and wear Hector down.

Back