Ronda Rouseys fighting style isn't ppv main event friendly.

they love compelling fights.

back in the day people loved tyson, but felt ripped off after a lot of his ppv when he ko'd a guy with one punch in the first round.

Yet they still paid to see him do it over and over again.

217835_10151385338379382_1367180829_n.jpg

I bet Nike thinks that's cute.

I actually think it's pretty gross watching someone's arm bend the wrong way and it's not exactly something I would pay to see.

I actually think it's pretty gross watching someone's arm bend the wrong way and it's not exactly something I would pay to see.

this has only happend in one of her fights, most fighter tap way before the arm bends.

i'm willing to bet liz will tape as soon as the arm bar is locked on

Wait, so this is the only fight on the card?

Women need to step it up so that her fights last more than 40 seconds. The instant armbar isn't very interesting, no matter how dominant she is.

This. Once might be cool. But I don;t want to see someone stand on the outside.. clinch, hit the floor and tie up an armbar. This ain't UFC1. I want to see a fight .. one where both people get hurt (or at least COULD)... sorry .. I'm a caveman.

So hope Cyborg finds her way to the octogan.

are you even trying to understand where im coming from.

how many times are you willing to pay to watch ronda get a quick forst round amrbar? people like to get there moneys worth when they drop $60 on a ppv. Also a ton of casual fans want to see ko's

I know exactly where you are coming from but if that's the technique she uses to finish other professional mixed martial artists then I'm fine with it.

I appreciate the technique she uses to get the fight to that position and the balls it takes to step in the cage with pro strikers.

Given you feel strongly enough to start this thread maybe you should just buy hoping for a striker to get through her defense and put a GnP beating on her.

I know exactly where you are coming from but if that's the technique she uses to finish other professional mixed martial artists then I'm fine with it.

I appreciate the technique she uses to get the fight to that position and the balls it takes to step in the cage with pro strikers.

Given you feel strongly enough to start this thread maybe you should just buy hoping for a striker to get through her defense and put a GnP beating on her.

I don't support womans mma, so i will never buy.

Tate-Rousey was really good and she's been getting a lot of mainstream interest so...

Women need to step it up so that her fights last more than 40 seconds. The instant armbar isn't very interesting, no matter how dominant she is.
I think it's way more exciting then say a GSP who's methodically going after his opponent, I respect GSP but he isn't exciting and I'm sure as hell not spending $60 if his the only notable name. Anderson Silva on the other hand I'll pay $60 to watch him fight for 1 minute and completely take a credible opponent and embarrass them.

She fights hard, tears off arms, does great interviews and looks absolutely creamy in those weigh in shorts. Why wouldn't I pay to watch her fight?

I don't know (or care) about casual fans, but I'll certainly pay to see skilled fighters finish fights with beautiful techniques and I don't care if it's a submission or a KO. I don't want to pay to see fighters outpoint their opponents by controlling them.

Sure, if they can find Ronda an opponent who could potentially finish her as well, then I'll be even more excited about the fight, but I'd much rather watch her finish someone within 1 minute than watch GSP grind someone for 25 minutes.

There's not really such a thing as a non-PPV friendly fight style.

Chael Sonnen and Tito Ortiz are tedious lay n prayers, always have been, but because they talk so much people tune in hoping to see them lose and somehow consider them exciting.

Back