Ronda Rouseys fighting style isn't ppv main event friendly.

This is a more accurate statement TS...

wmma is not ppv or main card friendly

How can you say it isn't PPV friendly. She hasn't headlined a UFC PPV yet. Wait until this event is over and see how it does with PPV buys before you talk shit and look stupid.

Of course, even if the PPV sells well, the anti-WMMA in UFC bandwagon are just going to say it's because of Hendo vs Machida. And Faber.

How can you say it isn't PPV friendly. She hasn't headlined a UFC PPV yet. Wait until this event is over and see how it does with PPV buys before you talk shit and look stupid.

Of course, even if the PPV sells well, the anti-WMMA in UFC bandwagon are just going to say it's because of Hendo vs Machida. And Faber.

Dude did you even read my post?

even if she sells well her first few fights, how viable will she be
if all her fights look the same.

Her last fight was pretty exciting, but how many people are really willing to drop $60 bucks to she her get a first round armbar vs unknown fighter? She has no striking, and her GNP isn't anything amazing.

PBP for Rousey fight: Ronda goes for a throw, get the trip. Ronda falls into mount, Ronda wins by armbar.

even if she sells well her first few fights, how viable will she be
if all her fights look the same.

I highly doubt they'll put her on a card without some star power backing her. Not to mention, eventually people will start watching her just to see her potentially lose, kind of like Fedor in his prime... well maybe not to that extent, but you know what I'm saying.

I think that people's opinion on a fight is completely contingent on its placement in the card.

For example Ryan Jimmo made himself a name with his 7 second KO. The crowd went crazy and he was probably the biggest star that night.

If you move that fight to the main event and people are going to be pissed because their main event lasted seven fucking seconds.

I think if the finish is a flash KO/Submission people will freak, well if the fight ends with a barrage of punches or a relatively good submission defence attempt, people will be ok.

For the people that are talking about Mike Tyson, note that he wasn't not knocking people out with the first punch, he took their souls.

are you even trying to understand where im coming from.

how many times are you willing to pay to watch ronda get a quick forst round amrbar? people like to get there moneys worth when they drop $60 on a ppv. Also a ton of casual fans want to see ko's

A first round armbar IS worth $60, a 5 round boring decisions is not.

seems like UFC cant catch a break from the fans.

if the fight gets finished , they arent happy
if the fight goes the distance , they arent happy

whats a dana supposed to do?

Back