Ronda Rousey Rips Manny Pacquiao's Anti-Gay Comments

Homophobic means hatred or fear of homosexuals.

He called homosexuals 'worse than animals', that seems pretty hate-filled.

Can you think of another athlete who has expressed similar words that Nike hasn't dropped?

Nike basically said the same thing Pacquaio said

17m2s8nohbh1ojpg.jpg

He never said gays were worse than animals. The gay crowd made that up.

He said that if society as a whole are accepting of gay marriage, then society as a whole is worse than animals.

After reading his comments,I believe he said what he said,because the philippino community would probably be all for what he said,and he is politicking there. Its just the rest of the world that is pissed off.

So glad to see that Ronda's Ellen interview gave Ronda the false confidence to start speaking her mind so loosely again, giving her opinion on every topic. Here we go again.

Indeed but it has come to the point where even the crude basics of Christianity are not being practised by its followers. At that point, it's just better for people to stop claiming themselves as Christians and move on with their lives.

I agree. I am glad i wasnt raised in a christian household. It must be so much harder for people to do that with the pressure of their families on them. For muslims its even worse.

I don't understand why people even bother calling themselves Christians nowadays, when they refuse to acknowledge 90% of the content.

The legit christians like the guys from Westboro church are hated in every way possible. Your point stands but I'd rather have ignorant / new age christians than the equivalent of Isis in the western world. It's good that they have drawn the best possible out of the bible leaving those crude and archaic concepts behinds. Even if that breaks the rules and defeats the purpose kinda.

Manny and the bible are :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s

Wow. This comment is so hypocritical I don't even know where to begin. You just basically proved why there will never be change in regards to tolerance towards opposing beliefs. So you can say anything you want against christians on this board, but not against the gay community? Is that how it works around here?

Wow. This comment is so hypocritical I don't even know where to begin. You just basically proved why there will never be change in regards to tolerance towards opposing beliefs. So you can say anything you want against christians on this board, but not against the gay community? Is that how it works around here?

LOL @ bothering to respond to that comment.

I'm not taking the moral high ground. You just said Nike dropped him because he was done with boxing anyway; I'm telling you they would drop any athlete who said something similar, publicly.

I know what you said. I am not ignorant. What I will tell you, once again, is that I don't believe they would have dropped him after his apology even 2 years ago at a different point in his career. Jesus H is it that difficult to understand what I am saying?

I'm not going to play pastor on sherdog but the bible is very much against the practice of homosexuality whether people want to believe it or not. It is among many sins not listed in the 10 commandments. It's also against bestiality so homosexuals are not singled out.

also manny and the bible are :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s. No for gay jesus.

pacquiao is not only not the brightest in the bunch but hes a fucking homophobe

how can you be against gay, are you a homophobe?

I really wonder if thats true,or if hes just a bit delusional. Maybe since hes at the end of his career he doesnt care,but there is probably a better way to put it then the way he did.
I think people are giving Paq way too much credit. He just doesn't come across as a smart guy. He's a dumb, uber religious guy with bigoted, outdated beliefs. If he were asked the same questions about homosexuality 5 years ago, Im sure he'd respond the same way.
And there is a difference between what the commandments say, and what a lot of the rest of the bible says. There is nothing in the commandments that say anything about homosexuality...and the commandments were supposedly the direct words of God. The rest of the bible says a lot of contradictory crap and has tons of different authors.

Back