Ronda Rousey Rips Manny Pacquiao's Anti-Gay Comments

"Man can't have sexual relations with a man as one does with woman."
Hmm. That's true. You have to do it little bit differently I guess..

I read that in your avatar characters voice hahah

There is but he probably doesn't care like you say. Still, when you are a huge celebrity and you are almost worshipped by your country maybe you should pick your words a bit more carefully.

Unless your name is Conor

Maybe he doesn't want to trade his religious beliefs for celebrity brownie points?

Huge pacquiao fan, but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. You don't call gay people worse than animals in public. Keep it in your circle bro

Maybe he doesn't want to trade his religious beliefs for celebrity brownie points?

Id imagine he wouldnt,but this is uncharacteristic for him

LOL @ the cultural reruns ITT thread.

Ronda erroneously claimed that the Bible does not have any directives against homosexuality. The guy you are attacking merely cited Scripture to disprove Ronda’s argument. He was not claiming that Ronda was "wrong" for not supporting a Biblical worldview; rather, he claimed she was wrong because her statement was factually inaccurate.

I think she was stating it is not a commandment, it is not that important. It is not one of God's laws. Just because leviticus was against it means nothing really. That guy said it was wrong to wear blended fabrics and mix crops int he same field too.
I didn't take it to mean there was no mention of it in the bible at all, just not from God or Jesus.

i get the impression ronda is saying religion does not say to be against gays, but as shown in this thread there are passages that contradict her statement, the whole "thou shalt not be gay" thing is just a summary of her overall point, which is false. but what do i know, i'm a shertard.

Yes, I made that point already. I'm just saying he could have sugarcoated it a bit, still sticking to his point.

I'm certainly not, but the thousands of other scientists in this world are. And Francis Collins is widely known in the scientific world to be a fantastic administrator and leader as opposed to some great intellectual scientific mind. His administrating abilities is the biggest reason he was appointed to that post. If you want to get in a battle of religious scientists vs non-religious scientists, I'm sorry to break it to you, you will lose that battle by a large margin

Originally you argued that religious people are the most ignorant ones around. All it took was pointing out one man out of many to dismantle your argument. Now it seems you are shifting goal posts by arguing that the consensus amongst current scientist is anti-religious, as if that somehow validates your previous statement.

Do you really think Ronda meant that the exact quote wasn't in the bible? Really? Based on the context of this being about Pacquiao (who never said that exact quote was in the bible), you really think that?

You know damn well her quote was about suggesting the bible isn't anti-gay. Stop being a little weasel and just admit you were wrong on this one.

Do you really think that Rousey doesn't know that parts of the Bible aren't favourable to homosexuals?

There's no 'Thou shalt not be gay'. She's right. I'm sorry you looked up all those verses to prove she was wrong on an internet forum that hates her. You could have just called her an idiot instead of copy/pasting.

Id imagine he wouldnt,but this is uncharacteristic for him

Pacquiao has always held that he is against marriage. This isn't the first time the controversy has come up for him. I remember people were calling for Nike to drop him several years ago over it.

Another gem from Leviticus

Eating fat (3:17) [That one’s “a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.” All fat is to be saved for offerings to God

So save all your fat for God Manny.....

I think she was stating it is not a commandment, it is not that important. It is not one of God's laws. Just because leviticus was against it means nothing really. That guy said it was wrong to wear blended fabrics and mix crops int he same field too.
I didn't take it to mean there was no mention of it in the bible at all, just not from God or Jesus.

It is one of God's laws. In the letter to the Corinithians, it clearly states that homosexuals will not be allowed to inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Pacquiao has always held that he is against marriage. This isn't the first time the controversy has come up for him. I remember people were calling for Nike to drop him several years ago over it.

Sure but the worse than animals comment? damn manny

Do you really think that Rousey doesn't know that parts of the Bible aren't favourable to homosexuals?

There's no 'Thou shalt not be gay'. She's right. I'm sorry you looked up all those verses to prove she was wrong on an internet forum that hates her. You could have just called her an idiot instead of copy/pasting.

I'm sure you'd love if people posted less sources when making Ronda look dumb. You could wallow in your stupidity more comfortably that way.

Forgive me for not further clarifying my statement. I mean that at a different point in his career the apology he issued would more than suffice.

BTW the word homophobic is completely over utilized and downright silly. So because you don't agree with gay people that makes you afraid of them?

Lol

Homophobic means hatred or fear of homosexuals.

He called homosexuals 'worse than animals', that seems pretty hate-filled.

Can you think of another athlete who has expressed similar words that Nike hasn't dropped?

Lol apparently Ronda can't read either.

It's just cringe worthy to watch her to take the politically correct approach on social issues and fail miserably even on that.

Back